Adam Hussein, PgDip, MSc Counselling & Psychotherapy, Reg MBACP (Snr.Accred)
You might not have anyone in your life you feel you can talk to, or maybe you do but they don’t understand. Maybe you don’t want to burden them, or maybe they are part of the problem. If you’re struggling with things in your life, past, present or future, or you’re not even sure what exactly the problem is, counselling might be the help and support you need.
I’m warm, friendly and down to earth. I’m neither mystical nor aloof and am committed to building a relationship with you that allows you to be open, honest and feel safe enough to explore yourself, your world and your problems.
I'm a fully qualified BACP Senior Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist and work using the person-centred approach. Over the years, I have worked as a counsellor in fourteen different settings, including the NHS, third sector organisations, Employee Assistance Programmes and in colleges and schools.
I have worked with people on very wide range of issues, including: general anxiety, social anxiety, panic attacks, family & relationship problems, depression, problems at work or university, bereavement and abuse. I will offer you a safe, confidential space to bring yourself and your issues. We will work at your pace on whatever you want to work on and together we will try to get you to where you need to be.
Taking the first step can be really difficult, so I'll try my best to take the edge off it. Just get in touch via the method of contact you feel most comfortable with (or find the least worse!). If you're not sure what to say, just keep it as brief or basic as you like- I won't be judging you for it as I sometimes find contacting people for the first time difficult too. You can either ask any questions, or you can simply check when I have any available appointments.
The first appointment is free, as I think sometimes it's hard picking the right counsellor from all these similar profiles (it's very difficult coming up with anything original!). It's very natural to be anxious in first appointments- if you're worried about not knowing what to say, I can ask you some questions to get you started. I'm not here to assess you, but rather I look on them as you being there to assess me, to see if I'm the right counsellor for you.
At the end of the first session I won't put you on the spot, I'll just ask you to get in touch if you would like to book any further sessions.
Feel free to visit my website if you'd like some more information about me or counselling.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BACP Senior Accreditation 2017
- BACP Accreditation 2014
- MSc in Counselling and Psychotherapy - University of Stirling 2013
- Post-graduate Diploma in Counselling - University of Strathclyde 2011
- Certificate in Counselling Skills - The Manchester College 2010
- Certificate in Counselling Concepts - The Manchester College 2009
- Certificate in Counselling Children and Young People - Temenos 2017
- Making Trauma Therapy Safer - Somatic Trauma Therapy Training London 2015
- Working with Sexual Abuse and Rape - Birchall Trust 2015
- Motivational Interviewing Level 1 - University of Sheffield Hallam 2014
- Emotion Focused Therapy Level 2 - University of Strathclyde 2014
- Emotion Focused Therapy Level 1 - University of Strathclyde 2012
- Counsellor at a cancer support charity 2017 to present
- Counsellor at NHS Lancaster, 2016
- Counsellor at a youth project, Hull 2015 to present
- Counsellor at NHS Blackpool, 2015 to 2016
- Sessional Counsellor at a self-harm support charity, Barrow, 2014 to 2015
- Counsellor at NHS Lancaster and Morecambe, 2014 to 2015
- Counsellor at NHS Fleetwood, 2014
- Vol Counsellor at a voluntary sector counselling service, Bolton, 2013 to 2014
- Vol Counsellor at a carer support charity, Kendal, 2013 to 2014
- Counsellor at a youth project, Hull, 2011 to 2013
- Voluntary Counsellor at Mind, Ulverston, 2011
- Trainee Counsellor at an EAP, Paisley, 2011
- Trainee Counsellor at NHS Cumbernauld, 2010 to 2011
- Trainee Counsellor at a College, Glasgow, 2010 to 2011
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Social anxiety, feeling sad, problems at university
£50 per 50 minute session
The first session is free
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|