The Richmond Counselling And Psychotherapy Service (RCPS)
Raleigh Road United Church
Richmond Upon Thames
0208 9487881 - Richmond upon Thames. / 07900 210829 - Co-ordinator/ also Oxshott-Surrey.
2016 - RCPS offers - Established in Richmond since 1994
1. Short term and Long term talking therapy
2. Couples Therapy
4. Eating Disorders
5. Therapy for adults/ parents caring for disabled children
In Richmond only -
6. Therapeutic support group - 10 weeks - 90 mins weekly - Wednesday mornings , £20.00
7. Effective Communication - 12 weeks' programme - 90 mins weekly - Monday evenings, £20.00
8. Tai chi - Monday evenings and Wednesday afternoons and evenings.
9. Telephone counselling.
Sessions are confidential therefore clients are welcome to explore their problems in depth and at their pace.
Training, qualifications & experience
Since 1994, the RCPS has provided accessible psychological intervention at an affordable rate. This has been achieved by the use of integrative therapy by our therapists (mainly relational-exploratory therapy, CBT, existential, and mindfulness methods).
Since 2012, 50% of our therapists are fully qualified and some are also accredited. The remaining therapists are in the process of completing a recognised training course.
All therapists are in personal therapy/ self development and attend fortnightly supervision (at the RCPS - Maria B Thieme) as a way of monitoring and supporting clinical practice.
The Management Team are all accredited psychotherapists.
Member organisations *
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling we deal with
Other areas of counselling we deal with
- Mindfullness/CBT/ Existentialist and Humanistic trained therapists also bring this technique to the work they do at the RCPS.
- Couples' Therapy Service, Addiction, Eating disorders, and
- Therapeutic Support Group 10 weeks' programme.
- Effective Communication Group 10 weeks' programme.
Maria B Thieme 07900 210 829/ rcps office 0208 948 7881 -
2016 - Placements
Please write to Maria B Thieme for further information.
Photos & videos
Sessions are negotiable. (Varies between £25.00-£40.00)
Assessments - £30.00.
Group sessions - are set at £15.00/ £20.00 ( for one and a half hours).
Maria B Thieme, the Co-ordinator, is an accredited psychotherapist, and trained supervisor with a BSc in Psychology. Her experience began with managing a Community Mental Health home in Surbiton for four years and at the Star and Garter Home for eight years as part of the medical team at that time. Since 1994 she has been running the Richmond Counselling and Psychotherapy Service and supervising the therapists.
For individual sessions/ supervision in Oxshott please call 07900 210829 to arrange an initial meeting.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Portuguese, French|
Daytime or evening appointments to be negotiated.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I am an UKCP accredited psychotherapist since 2003, and trained supervisor with Cascade and The Centre for Transpersonal Psychotherapy, I have a BSc in Psychology.View supervision profile