Supervisor Mandy Atkinson - Counsellor, Psychotherapist & Clinical Supervisor
What can I expect from Supervision with Mandy?
Together we can co-create a style of working, that suits you. You can develop and deepen your client's work. Supervision with me can help gain a different perspective, or fresh eyes on challenges you face in your work, within your own frame of reference.
You might be an integrative counsellor or psychotherapist wanting to either integrate more Transactional Analysis into your work or want to consider other ways of working therapeutically. My knowledge and experience as an integrative psychotherapist and humanistic counsellor can help you through supervision in these kinds of ways.
I enjoy working with trainees and qualified counsellors and psychotherapists at varying stages of their professional development. Group or individual supervision can be used to support you in any area of your professional development, whatever stage you are at on your journey. Together we can explore what you really need from your supervision. Here are some examples of things you may wish to do:
- Facilitate your professional development in terms of integrating theory into practice.
- Deepen your knowledge and perspectives of client work.
- Explore themes and issues in relation to your evolving professional identity, particularly if you are working towards a written or oral exam or perhaps accreditation with a professional body.
- Receive practical help with the completion of academic work if you are working towards a written or oral exam or accreditation.
- Develop awareness about your client’s process and how to think about this theoretically.
- Explore your feelings in response to your clients (counter-transference). This can be helpful in understanding your client’s process (social diagnosis), your own process and/or the inter-subjective dynamic between you.
If you'd like to find out more, get in touch and we can talk more about what you need from your supervision and what I am able to provide.
Mandy Atkinson, PTSTA (P), CTA (P), UKCP accred., Dip Sup., BACP accred., Dip Couns, Cert.Ed., RGN
I am an internationally endorsed UKCP accredited Supervisor and Psychotherapist. I am an experienced, qualified clinical supervisor and a visiting tutor working with several local Colleges.
In addition, I am a seasoned teacher, examiner and consultant. In my clinical psychotherapy practice, I have worked extensively in NHS, hospital and private practice settings with a wide range of clients, (individuals, couples and groups) within the clinic and private practice. I am a PTSTA endorsed by EATA and UKATA as a trainer and supervisor in TA. I use TA and relational approaches to inform my supervision.
I provide 1-1 and monthly group supervision in Hadlow, near Tonbridge for qualified practitioners or students who would be interested in the supervision of professional counselling or psychotherapy practice. I also provide online supervision using Zoom.
Professional TA Supervision for counsellors and psychotherapists
I provide specialist supervision in Transactional Analysis. This would be of interest to you if:
- you looking for support integrating TA into practice with clients
- you want to develop your thinking to apply TA with a range of different presentations
- you are wanting support to develop your professional practice integrating TA
- you are interested in being part of a group with other professionals to enhance your learning as a practitioner
I am an approved Metanoia supervisor for both Humanistic and Transactional Analysis disciplines.
Professional Supervision for working with eating and weight
I am starting a specialist supervision group for counsellors and psychotherapists working with weight and eating issues. If you work with this specialism and would like to hear more about this opportunity, do get in touch.
If you are interested in joining a group or if you are interested in discussing one-to-one supervision, get in touch with me personally to discuss your needs further. I have new supervision groups starting at intervals in 2019.
Mobile: 07956 877968
Also, see website https://www.mattersofthemind.org.uk/supervision/
"I worked with Mandy for the past 3 years and shared my client issues with her on a weekly basis. She has a very supportive, warm style and I felt I could open up to her about any problems I had with my practice. Mandy always had good ideas for working with clients in different ways and encouraged me to believe in myself. Through Mandy’s supervision, I have developed into a more well rounded confident therapist." Helen
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||A little German|
Appointments available as follows: Tuesdays 1 to 9pm Thursdays 9am to 1pm, 2pm to 9pm;
Supervision available: Wednesdays and Fridays 8.30am - 6pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
What can I expect from Supervision with Mandy?.