Mandy Atkinson - UKCP accredited Psychotherapist, Supervisor & Trainer
What can I expect from Supervision with Mandy?
Feeling comfortable with me as your supervisor is important so I can support you in your professional practice. Together we can co-create a style of working, that suits you. You can develop and deepen your work with your clients. Supervision with me can help gain a different perspective, or fresh eyes on challenges you face in your work, within your own frame of reference.
Supervision provided across integrative, humanistic and TA and relational approaches
You might be an integrative counsellor or psychotherapist wanting to either integrate more Transactional Analysis into your work or want to consider other ways of working therapeutically. My knowledge and experience as an integrative psychotherapist and humanistic counsellor can help you through supervision in these kinds of ways.
Face to Face or online supervision options
I enjoy working with trainees and qualified counsellors and psychotherapists at varying stages of their professional development. I have trained and am qualified to work face to face and online and I have always worked both face to face and online. I provide both face to face and online supervision via the secure online video platform called Zoom. Group or individual supervision can be used to support you in any area of your professional development, whatever stage you are at on your journey.
What you might need from your supervision
Together we can explore what you really need from your supervision. Here are some examples of things you may wish to do:
- Facilitate your professional development in terms of integrating theory into practice.
- Deepen your knowledge and perspectives of client work.
- Explore themes and issues in relation to your evolving professional identity, particularly if you are working towards a written or oral exam or perhaps accreditation with a professional body.
- Receive practical help with the completion of academic work if you are working towards a written or oral exam or accreditation.
- Develop awareness about your client’s process and how to think about this theoretically.
- Explore your feelings in response to your clients (counter transference). This can be helpful in understanding your client’s process (social diagnosis), your own process and/or the inter-subjective dynamic between you.
share challenges and issues arising in your client work.
I adopt a naturally integrative and relational approach to the supervision that I provide. If you'd like to find out more, get in touch and we can talk more about what you need from your supervision and what I am able to provide.
Mandy Atkinson, PTSTA (P), CTA (P), UKCP accred., MA, Dip Sup., BACP accred., Dip Couns, Cert.Ed., RGN
I am an internationally endorsed UKCP accredited Supervisor and Psychotherapist. I am an experienced, qualified clinical supervisor, and visiting tutor working with several Colleges and am core tutor at the Connexus Institute.
In addition, I am a seasoned teacher, examiner and consultant. In my clinical psychotherapy practice, I have worked extensively in NHS, non profit, clinic, hospital, and private practice settings with a wide range of clients, (individuals, couples and groups) within the clinic and private practice. I am a PTSTA endorsed by EATA and UKATA as a trainer and supervisor in TA. I use Transactional Analysis, humanistic and relational approaches to inform the supervision I provide
I provide 1-1 and monthly group supervision online and in person near Tonbridge for qualified practitioners or students who would be interested in the supervision of professional counselling or psychotherapy practice. I provide online 1-1 supervision using the medium of Zoom.
Professional TA Supervision for counsellors and psychotherapists
I provide specialist supervision in Transactional Analysis. This would be of interest to you if:
- you looking for support integrating TA into practice with clients
- you want to develop your thinking to apply TA with a range of different presentations
- you are wanting support to develop your professional practice integrating TA
- you are interested in being part of a group with other professionals to enhance your learning as a practitioner
I am an approved Metanoia Institute supervisor for both Humanistic and Transactional Analysis disciplines.
Professional Supervision for working with eating and weight issues
I provide specialist supervision for counsellors and psychotherapists working with weight and eating issues. This is being run as a group and 1-1. If you work with this specialism and would like to hear more about this opportunity, do get in touch.
If you are interested in joining a group or if you are interested in discussing one-to-one supervision, get in touch and lets talk and discuss your needs further. I have new supervision groups starting at intervals in 2021.
Mobile: 07956 877968
Also, see website https://www.mattersofthemind.org.uk/supervision/
"I worked with Mandy for the past 3 years and shared my client issues with her on a weekly basis. She has a very supportive, warm style and I felt I could open up to her about any problems I had with my practice. Mandy always had good ideas for working with clients in different ways and encouraged me to believe in myself. Through Mandy’s supervision, I have developed into a more well rounded confident therapist." Helen