Working with compulsive sexual behaviours
In this three-day specialist training, Silva Neves, leading London based sexologist, looks beyond the addiction model to draw on contemporary, evidence-based approaches for treating clients with self-identified compulsive sexual behaviours. In line with pluralistic philosophy, this practice-based training proposes a paradigm shift towards a non-pathologising, sex-positive approach that centralises client individuality, diversity, and cultural sensitivity. Attendees will leave the training feeling confident in their understanding of compulsive sexual behaviours and armed with a range of treatment approaches immediately applicable to clinical practice.
Approved for 18 hours CPD by COSRT.
- Understanding compulsive sexual behaviours (CSB) from scientific and sexological thinking.
- Making sense of diagnostic criteria and assessment measures.
- The out of control sexual behaviour (OCSB) model: The six principles of sexual health.
- Investigating the erotic mind and the arousal template.
- Establishing realistic treatment goals from a non-heteronormative perspective.
- Investigating the underlying causes of CSB and OCSB; the impact of trauma, education, personality type, and unaddressed psychosexual problems.
- A pluralistic approach to treatment protocols; effective interventions from CBT, DBT, gestalt, compassion based therapy, mindfulness, and ACT.
- Trauma resolution.
- Defining a thriving sex life after CSB.
- Working with partners of people with CSB/OCSB.
- Maintaining the clinician’s self-care.
Silva Neves is a COSRT accredited psychosexual and relationship psychotherapist working in his Central London private practice. He sees individuals and couples presenting with a wide range of sex and relationship problems. He specialises in working with sexual trauma, infidelity, and compulsive sexual behaviours. Silva works extensively with the LGBTQ community as well as the heterosexual population.
Silva is a clinical supervisor offering ongoing psychosexual and relationship therapy, trauma therapy supervision, and ad-hoc supervision. He is a faculty member of IOSS (International Online Sexology Supervisors).
Silva delivers various training on psychosexual and relationship therapy and trauma therapy topics. He is also an accreditation assessor for COSRT.
Silva appears in the BBC programme 'Sex on the Couch', commencing 26th April 2019.
About Julie Sale
CICS was formed in 2016 with the aim of providing contemporary, research based education programmes for professionals choosing a career in clinical sexology.
Our Purpose: To promote sexual health and wellbeing through the provision of professional education, training and development in evidence based, contemporary clinical sexology.