Understanding social anxiety
This workshop explores social anxiety and helps participants to understand social anxiety through a CBT lens.
We will explore the origins of social anxiety, identifying the processes that exacerbate social anxiety. We will look at the ideas of David Clark, author of ‘A Cognitive Perspective on Social Phobia’ (The International Handbook of Social Anxiety: Concepts, Research and Information Relating to Self and Shyness, Chapter 18).
The workshop includes:
- understanding facts about social anxiety
- activated assumptions relating to seeing self as a social object
- understand the processes and how to help clients change their thinking
- how to work with clients to alleviate somatic and cognitive symptoms
- conceptualise the client through a Clark’s protocol
A certificate of attendance is provided.