Understanding childhood sexual abuse: A trauma-informed approach
CHOICES is offering an opportunity for counsellors and therapists working within private practice, statutory and voluntary agencies, and those in their final year of study at Diploma level, to extend their knowledge and understanding of working with the effects of childhood sexual abuse in the counselling room.
This experiential course runs over six Saturday's and aims to:
- increase knowledge and understanding of issues around childhood sexual abuse and its effects
- provide tools, information, and resources for working with survivors of childhood sexual abuse
- explore issues around male and female sexuality
- increase participants’ awareness of their own perceptions of sexual abuse and sexual violence
- provide information on the work of CHOICES
- give participants skills and confidence to work in this specialist area
- provide tools for brief therapy and dealing with disclosure
- 30 hours CPD
- provide information on becoming a volunteer counsellor for CHOICES
Sessions will take place on the following six Saturdays (10am - 4pm):
8th and 15th October 2022
5th, 12th and 26th November 2022
3rd December 2022
Price: £399 (may be paid in instalments). This is for six days of training.
Volunteer placements are available. Applicants who are accepted on placement will be refunded their course fees (less the deposit).
For more information call CHOICES on 01223 358149 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org