The used child - the narcissistic experience
The used child - how to work with the narcissistic experience
- Part of the wounded self - character styles series, a series of one day workshops with Gill Coleby.
This series of workshops looks at the different types of injury to the personality and how these injuries cause disruption to the growth of a cohesive, mature self.
It will look in detail at the thoughts, feelings and behaviour of the types identified by Stephen Johnson, Kohut, object relations theory, character analysis and ego psychology.
This workshop will concentrate on working with the narcissistic character of the used child.
The workshop will enable you to:
- Identify narcissistic wounding and understand narcissistic behaviour
- Understand the developmental origins of narcissistic injury
- Work with narcissistic defences and the false self
- Be aware of the transference and counter transference issues
- Help the real self to emerge within the therapeutic relationship.
Date: Friday, 17th May 2019. The workshop will run from 10am - 5pm.
For more detailed information about this workshop and all the workshops in the series, and to book your place, please visit our website at www.colebycentre.com
About Gill Coleby
This series is based on the work of Stephen Johnson, with a lot of other referenced work, as well as Gill's 20 years of clinical experience. The sessions are kept small to enable group discussions and sharing of clinical work, to demonstrate the useful tool of understanding character styles.