The cost of caring - presented by Christiane Sanderson
The cost of caring - vicarious traumatisation and practitioner self-care
This event is presented by renowned trauma expert Christiane Sanderson (University of Roehampton) and is essential CPD for counsellors working with trauma-related client issues.
The training will look at the range of factors that can lead to vicarious traumatisation and 'burn out' and put counsellors and practitioners at risk of developing Secondary Traumatic Stress (STS).
It will explore the signs and symptoms of burn-out and secondary traumatic stress and how these can be managed both individually and by organisations to ensure staff well-being. The focus will be on how practitioners can ensure self-care, and how supervisors and managers can ensure minimising risk of STS in staff.
Through a number of assessment measures and experiential exercises practitioners will have an opportunity to identity their own vulnerability to burn-out and explore strategies to manage the impact of working with clients so that they can remain present and engaged in their work.
Emphasis will be placed on:
- Understanding vicarious traumatisation, burn out and secondary traumatic stress and the cost of caring.
- Recognising the signs of burn out and secondary traumatic stress.
- The impact of STS on practitioners and professionals as well as organisations.
- The impact on professional and personal functioning.
- The importance of self-care.
- The range of self-care strategies to ensure professional and personal well-being.
For further information and a booking form please email Ali Oliver at firstname.lastname@example.org
About the host
This workshop is hosted by Riverwood Counselling & Wellbeing Practice with the aim of providing high-quality CPD for counselling professionals for a reasonable fee.
Please visit our website for more information www.riverwoodcounselling.co.uk