Support group for trans, non-binary and gender-expansive people
This is a friendly open, drop-in, therapeutic support group, which runs monthly, online for 1.5 hours, for trans, non-binary and gender expansive folk anywhere in the world, aged 18+. New attendees will always be welcome.
Why monthly, group and online?
- Groups are preventative mental health care in a world that focuses on getting help when things are already far gone.
- Accessible to people who may be far away from trans communities.
- An affordable option for those unable to fund 1:1 sessions.
- Groups allow for sharing of hard-won wisdom from real lived experiences.
- Queer safer spaces in the pandemic are more difficult to find yet more valuable.
- Frequent sessions allow for connections to build and grow over time.
Each group will have a small energising introduction, a question of the month on a topic, and an optional well-being suggestion for the month ahead. A working agreement will be produced at the start of each session to bring a sense of safety, confidentiality and comfort.
Aims and hopes:
- Weaving hope together, being alongside with despair.
- Peer support and encouragement.
- Sharing ideas on sustaining wellbeing.
- Supporting collective compassion, increased belonging and community resilience.
- Talking in the spirit of togetherness and solidarity.
- Cultivating knowledge of creative forms of everyday resilience on overcoming the storms of life.
- Mapping our people, tribes, chosen family, bubbles and teams around us.
Attendees will also receive a tool kit of resources, tools and strategies for responding to troubling times, which will grow over time for others.
The group has a spirit of peer facilitation, with a professional facilitator on hand to lean in at the start, end and where useful. Communities are super important in sustaining mental health and wellbeing and the ethic is to create a compassionate emotional holding of one another which builds over time.
- How to sustain ourselves when things are triggering in media and society
- What would preventative mental health care look like?
- What makes a good ally?
- How do we promote and demote folk in our chosen families, tribe, bubble or team?
- Who helps us get ready in the backstage of our life?
- Self-Care vs. Collective-Care: is there a shift happening?
- How do we recharge our head, heart and body batteries?
The group is capped at a maximum of 12 attendees per session and a minimum of three attendees and tickets are on a first-come-first-served basis. If less than three attendees sign up automatic, refunds will be given and you will be notified of the next group.
How do I attend?
When you get yourself a ticket, you will be emailed a link for the group and a reminder email closer to the time. Tickets can be purchased at narrativesofus.co.uk
Your facilitator The group is peer-facilitated, alongside Dr Dane Duncan (Clinical Psychologist) HCPC registered, who has specialist training and publications on trans group therapy - Author of 'The Theatre of Life' collective therapy co-produced by trans people for trans people via Gendered Intelligence in London.