Mick Cooper - an introduction to existential therapy
Presented by Professor Mick Cooper
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand the core principles of existential philosophy.
- Understand the principal aims and forms of existential counselling and psychotherapy.
- Apply existential understanding of freedom and choice to their therapeutic practice.
- Apply existential understanding of limitations to their therapeutic practice.
- Apply existential understandings of meaning and purpose to their therapeutic practice.
Session one: an introduction to existential philosophy and therapy.
Session two: working with freedom and choice.
Session three: facing the limitations of existence.
Session four: helping clients find meaning and purpose in life.
The workshop combines self-development exercises, theoretical input, practical exercises, and small and large group discussion.
It is appropriate for training and practising counsellors, psychotherapists, counselling psychologists and other mental health professionals.
This CPD workshop is hosted by Riverwood Counselling and Wellbeing Practice.
Please visit our website: www.riverwoodcounselling.co.uk for further information.
To request a booking form please email Ali Oliver at email@example.com
Workshop places are limited to 30 attendees.
CPD certificates will be provided on the day.