Getting to grips with groups
About the course
This is a five-day intensive workshop for people wanting to get more out of the personal development group experience component of counselling and psychotherapy trainings.
This workshop offers an immersive and reflective opportunity to learn more about what groups have to offer you and equally, what you have to offer groups. Using a combination of small and large group reflective exercises, theory presentations and experiential group encounters; this course will help you to:
- Familiarise yourself with your ‘internal group’ and how this shapes your anticipation of, and what you subsequently allow yourself to experience in the external groups you join.
- Understand some key theoretical concepts in relation to groups and demystify the role of the group facilitator.
- Enhance your potential to learn from the personal development opportunities and challenges that groups can offer students.
- Benefit from peer and tutor feedback.
- Feel more empowered, generous and authentic in groups.
Applicants are required to provide evidence of prior completion of an introductory level counselling skills course compatible to the one offered by The Minster Centre which included a Personal Development Group/Experiential Training Group experience.
Group Interview: As part of the application process, you will be invited to participate in a group interview with other applicants and tutors for the purposes of learning more about the workshop and to mutually assess the suitability of the training experience being offered. This will be held on Friday 17 July 2020, from 2-4pm. The interview fee is £45. Please note, this interview may have to be conducted online.
Visit our website to find out more and to apply.
The Minster Centre provides professional training in counselling and psychotherapy and an affordable therapy service. Founded in 1978 as the first integrative training programme in the UK, it has now established itself as the leading integrative psychotherapy and counselling training institute in Europe.