EMDR: Interpersonal dependency and pathological bonding patterns
Interpersonal dependency and pathological bonding patterns
In this face-to-face workshop, Arun’s aim is to present a systematic way of working with adult patients suffering from ID-PDP problems as well as to offer a number of specific interventions for this population, always within the EMDR-AIP working model.
- Provide information that helps understand and distinguish the different Interpersonal Dependency and Pathological Bonding Patterns (ID-PDP) types and the interactions that frequently lead to conflictive relationships.
- Understand the attachment and developmental pathways that lead to ID-PDP problems in adults.
- Help integrate the attachment perspective into an EMDR-AIP intervention.
- Analyse different aspects that can hinder or block processing with this type of patient and how to work through these problems with specific interventions.
- Revise the 5 big groups of patients we can encounter in EMDR and the most appropriate approach for each of them within the EMDR-AIP model.
- Discuss the modifications and particularities that we have to take into account in the standard protocol while dealing with IPD patients and specific interventions we can use with these patients.
This workshop is facilitated by Arun Mansukhani.
Delegates will be eligible to receive 6 EMDR UK and Ireland CPD Credits / 6 hours CPD.
To book or for more information, please see our website.
About the host
Arun Mansukhani is a Clinical Psychologist (PsyD) and Psycho-sexual Therapist with 25 years of experience as a therapist. Arun has a Post Graduate Masters in Psycho-sexual Therapy, in Behavioural-Cognitive Therapies, in Hypnosis and he is an EMDR Europe Accredited Consultant and facilitator. Arun is also a Level III Sensorimotor therapist.
Arun has been Vice Director at the IASP centre in Malaga (Spain) from 1994-2018 and he currently leads a team of psychologists working with trauma and attachment issues as Director of the Centre for Emotional Regulation in Malaga. Arun has participated in many national and international conferences as a speaker and has extensive teaching experience in seminars, workshops and master degrees.