Counselling and psychotherapy for depression workshop
Counselling and psychotherapy for depression
Date: Friday 26 April 2019
Time: 1-5 pm
Venue: Greenwich London SE10
Anxiety and depression are terms that have coverage for a multitude of problems brought by clients to counsellors and psychotherapists. All too often, depression takes second place to its more 'socially acceptable' counterpart, so that it gets pushed to the margins of clinical concerns, reinforcing the view that depression is less prevalent and perhaps less relevant to the professional development needs of therapists.
This workshop will provide a broad overview of theoretical and practical approaches to depression, including a consideration of:
- conceptual and developmental models for understanding depression
- assessment and treatment issues in working on depression
- risk and ethical issues in working with depressed clients
- transference and countertransference issues around depression
- evaluating outcomes for depression
- thinking and creativity as anti-depressants.
Workshop fee: £60
CPD certificates provided.
Workshop presented by:
Jon Edge, MSc, MA, UKCP, MBACP, CPJA
For booking or other details:
07887778360 or email
About Jon Edge
Jon Edge MSc, MA, UKCP, MBACP, CPJA
worked at Kings College Hospital, London, providing inpatient and outpatient psychotherapy, as well as staff training on psychotherapy-related topics. Co-founder of Psychotherapy for Healthcare Ltd, he has run a successful private practice as a psychotherapist across 35 continuous years.