CARA volunteer counsellor recruitment
Centre for action on rape and abuse
Please download an application form from the CARA website: www.caraessex.org.uk
Volunteer role description: Counsellor
Purpose: To support adult women who have experienced any form of sexual violence.
Time: Evening or weekend availability adventitious.
Training dates: Comprehensive training will run over five days in April 2015; Thursday 16th, Friday 17th, Saturday 18th, Sunday 26th, Monday 27th from 10.00am – 4.30pm. Further recruitment and training will take place on an ongoing yearly basis.
Location: CARA offices in central Colchester and/or outreach premises in; Braintree, Clacton, Chelmsford and Maldon.
Trainers: CARA Practitioners.
Hours required: Approximately 15 per month.
Qualifications: Preference will be given to qualified counsellors and second year diploma students (or above).
Main tasks are to:
- Support at least two CARA clients each week.
- Attend clinical supervision.
- Attend supervisory meetings.
- Abide by CARA policies and procedures.
- Abide by BACP’s Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- Keep clinical records of clients.
- Attend relevant training.
- Attend monthly volunteers’ meeting.
What we expect from the volunteer:
- An open and non-judgemental attitude.
- Ability to be self-reflective.
- Commitment to the ethos of CARA.
- Willingness to commit the necessary time to supporting vulnerable clients.
- Willingness to work as part of a team to develop the work of the organisation.
- Owing to the nature of the role, we are only able to take on female volunteers.
What the volunteer can expect from us:
- Full training and support will be provided.
- One hour clinical supervision per month.
- The opportunity to gain career progression.
- Expenses will be provided.
About Nicky Harbridge
Centre for Action on Rape and Abuse is a confidential support service run by women
for women children and young people of both genders under the age of 19 who have suffered any form of sexual violence, past or present. We provide formal counselling, emotional support and advocacy for rape and sexual assault, including child sexual abuse.