Can I be solution focused? A one day workshop for counsellors
Can I be solution focused? In this world of short-term counselling, would it help having this skill?
- Would being solution focused help you with some of your client work?
- Can you integrate this approach into your current counselling skills?
- Do you sometimes find the client or the therapy gets ‘stuck’ and you wish you had tools to move it on?
- Would you like some solution focused tools that you can use straight away in your practice?
- Would this approach be beneficial to the client?
This one day workshop will give you positive answers to all of the above and will look at the philosophy of the solution focused approach, look at the tools and skills used and show you how you can integrate this way into your practice, regardless of your counselling model. This approach is ideal for general issues, but especially so with anxiety, low mood and working with couples. It is also an ideal way to move the therapy on when it seems stuck or the client is resisting.
The day will:
- Look at the reasoning for using this approach, when it’s suitable and when it’s not.
- Look at the skills used, such as questioning, scaling, exceptions and the neuroscience behind being solution focused and why it works.
- Give you various handouts/worksheets to give out to the client when using the solution focused approach if you feel this is appropriate.
- Allow you a chance to practice skills during the day.
- CPD certificate provided (six hours).
About the host
Tom Buckland has been in practice since 2003 and is a qualified hypnotherapist, NLP practitioner as well as a BACP accredited counsellor. He works in a solution focused way in much of his work with clients and regards himself as ‘being solution focused’ in his work, rather than just working as a scripted solution focused counsellor.