Stephanie Fitzwilliams - Dip Couns, Dip Psych, MSc (Psych), CTA, UKCP
Hello, my name is Stephanie. I am a Certified Transactional Analyst, a fully qualified psychotherapeutic counsellor and a psychotherapist with a masters in Transactional Analysis (TA) based in Bracknell Forest, Berkshire. I use relational TA as my main theoretical framework but also draw on other therapeutic methods.
I work with teenagers and adults and I specialise in working with anxiety, depression, stress, self-harm, relationship issues, school or work-related problems and childhood trauma.
Research indicates that the single most important aspect of successful therapy is the quality of the relationship between therapist and client. I provide a safe, confidential and non-judgemental space for you to explore your life and relationships, your experiences, thoughts and feelings. We can work on developing your self-awareness by gaining an understanding of any stuck repetitive patterns of unfulfilling behaviour or negative thinking. With self-awareness comes new choices and new choices lead to positive change and a new way of being.
If this is your first time in therapy, or you are unsure whether I am the right therapist for you, I offer a free phone call in the first instance during which you can ask me any questions and get a feel for how we communicate together. If we choose to proceed, we can agree a therapeutic contract in which we may decide upon a limited number of sessions, or longer term open-ended work.
I adhere to the UK Council for Psychotherapy Code of Ethics and am a member of this organisation.
My practice is within easy reach of the M3 and M4.
I offer appointments during the day and evenings.
Training, qualifications & experience
Qualifications and Training
- Diploma in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapeutic Counselling - Metanoia Institute, London
- Diploma in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy - Metanoia Institute, London
- MSc in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy - Metanoia Institute, London affiliated to Middlesex University
- CTA - Certified Transactional Analyst - Metanoia Institute, London
- Emerging from the Emergency - Onsite intervention work in the aftermath of a traumatic event 2018
- CPD Body Work & Somatic Resonance Training with Bill Cornell Lyon 2017,2018, 2019
- IARTA (International Association of Relational Transactional Analysts)
- EATA (European Association of Transactional Analysts)
- Metanoia Institute www.metanoia.ac.uk
- Psychotherapist in private practice working with young adults and adults
- Counsellor and Pyschotherapist - Berkshire based Charity for young people. 2013 - ongoing
- School & 6th form Counsellor at an independent day and boarding school based in Berkshire. 2016 - 2019
- Counsellor - Metanoia Counselling & Psychotherapy Service MCPS for adults. 2014 - 2015
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Separation anxiety
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
My fees are £50 per session for individual counselling. Sessions last for 50 minutes - usually at the same time every week.
My fees for couples counselling are £60 per session. Sessions last for 60 minutes - usually at the same time every week.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I work daytime and evenings.
Types of client