Stephanie Fitzwilliams - Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (BACP)
Hello, my name is Stephanie. I am a fully qualified, psychotherapeutic counsellor based in Bracknell Forest, Berkshire. I use relational transactional analysis (TA) as my main theoretical framework but also draw on other therapeutic methods.
I work with teenagers and adults and I specialise in working with anxiety, depression, stress, self-harm, relationship issues, school or work-related problems and childhood trauma.
Research indicates that the single most important aspect of successful therapy is the quality of the relationship between therapist and client. I invite you to sit down with me in a relaxed setting so that we can talk about your experiences, thoughts, and feelings.
I provide a safe, confidential and non-judgemental space for you to explore your life and relationships. We can work on developing your self-awareness by gaining an understanding of any stuck repetitive patterns of unfulfilling behaviour or negative thinking. With self-awareness comes new choices and new choices lead to positive change and a new way of being.
If this is your first time in therapy, or you are unsure whether I am the right counsellor for you, I offer a free phone call in the first instance during which you can ask me any questions and get a feel for how we communicate together. If we choose to proceed, we can agree a therapeutic contract in which we may decide upon a limited number of sessions, or longer term open-ended work.
I adhere to the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) Code of Ethics and am a member of this organisation. I am also a trainee member of the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP).
My practice is within easy reach of the M3 and M4.
I currently offer appointments on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Training, qualifications & experience
Qualifications and Training
- Diploma in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapeutic Counselling - Metanoia Institute, London
- MSc in TA Psychotherapy - training complete, undertaking final exams - Metanoia Institute
- IARTA (International Association of Relational Transactional Analysts)
- EATA (European Association of Transactional Analysts)
- Metanoia Institute www.metanoia.ac.uk
- BACP and trainee member of UKCP
- Counsellor - Berkshire based Charity. 2013 - ongoing
- School & 6th form Counsellor at an independent day and boarding school based in Berkshire. 2016 - ongoing
- Counsellor - Metanoia Counselling & Psychotherapy Service MCPS. 2014 - 2015
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
My fees are £40 per session for individual counselling. Sessions last for 50 minutes - usually at the same time every week.
My fees for couples counselling are £60 per session. Sessions last for 60 minutes - usually at the same time every week.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I currently offer appointments on Mondays,Tuesdays, Wednesdays.
Types of client