I offer Pluralistic Counselling and Psychotherapy, working with you to provide a therapeutic experience that suits what you need.
I can offer short term counselling or longer term psychotherapy, with sessions once a week or once a fortnight.
I offer online and telephone counselling to anyone in the UK (Please note, in person, face to face counselling is currently suspended due to the pandemic).
A Step by step guide to starting counselling
- Contact me via phone/ email or the form on my website.
- I'll get back within 24hrs and can usually book your FREE initial appointment within 7 days. The initial Appointment will last between 20-30 minutes. Subsequent appointments last 50 minutes.
- I'll also ask you how you would like to receive counselling, be it online using Zoom or Skype or Telephone. I try to be as flexible as I can be to fit counselling around your life.
- During your initial appointment we'll discuss:
- How frequent you'd like your appointments to be.
- How Pluralistic Counselling and Psychotherapy works.
- The counselling contract and boundaries.
- Your expectations and goals for therapy.
- There will always be opportunity for you to ask questions, there's no such thing as too many questions in counselling.
- Please note: Your first appointment is an assessment and not a counselling appointment, please see crisis guidelines below if you are in Crisis.
- I have current availability so can guarantee regular sessions to suit what you need (Usually weekly, fortnightly or one every 3 weeks).
- I offer a safe, confidential space to discuss whatever you wish to bring to counselling.
I do not offer a crisis service. If you feel you urgently need help please see the below NHS link, call NHS 24 on 111 or the Samaritans on 116 123.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MSc Counselling
- Post Graduate Certificate Counselling Skills
- Training in online and telephone therapy
- Training in LGBTQ+ Issues
- Training in Autism Awareness
Anxiety and Depression
Sometimes the world can get on top of us and anxiety can feel like a weight on our chest that won't go away. I understand anxiety and have worked with it for several years.
Sometimes when you are feeling sad, anxious, have low self-esteem, low self-confidence it can help to seek counselling.
I can provide counselling and coping mechanisms to help you cope with anxiety and depression as well as get to the root of some of the feelings that are causing anxiety, and depression.
Cancer and Long term illness
As someone who has personally fought cancer, I know how unforgiving it is and how lonely a battle it can be. I have also worked with long term illness in therapy. I provide a confidential, understanding space to work through your emotions and find the support you need.
I also have experience working with long term Coronavirus (Covid-19) and other long term illnesses.
When we lose a loved one, we can feel lost and moving on can feel impossible. I provide a space to work through your emotions and understand your place in the world.
University Students and Teenagers
I have worked with University Students and teenagers for over 5 years and have a good deal of experience supporting them. I know the unique problems and situations that you face as a student. I also have years of experience of working with students with autism and disabilities.
Work Related Stress and Redundancy
Work environments can be difficult, working relationships can bring us stress. I have experience working with redundancy, work related stress, and all other presenting problems related to the workplace.
Relationship problems and divorce
The end of a relationship can be just like a bereavement. It can be hard to move on when you are so used to being with someone all the time. Or perhaps you're in a relationship you want to talk to someone confidentially about. Whatever the reason, I'm here to help you through what can be a difficult time.
I have experience working with any Family issues, including separation and divorce.
Unfortunately I do not offer couples counselling and can only offer individual counselling.
Working With Anger, Trauma and any other presenting issue.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
The selected areas are where I have the most experience, however, I am trained to work with most presenting issues.
Concessions offered for
FREE - Your first session will be free. It is important that you trust your therapist is a good fit and that we can go over how therapy will work and the frequency of your sessions. The first session usually lasts between 15 and 30 minutes.
£45 - each subsequent session lasts for 50 minutes.
I offer concession rates to those who are experiencing financial difficulties.
Trainee counsellors, students, OAPs and Keyworkers receive a 20% Discount.
I have some weekday and evening appointments available. I can usually find a time to suit you.
I usually respond the same day.
I can work with clients from the age of 14. .