Natasha Field. BA(hons). MBACP. Therapeutic Integrative Counsellor
Congratulations you've taken an important step by acknowledging that you may need to talk!
Life can be challenging at times and we can find ourselves feeling completely sad, alone and depressed. Specialising in Addiction, Eating Disorders(including Binge Eating Disorder), Body Dysmorphia, Co-Dependency, Sex and Love Addiction, relationship issues, low self esteem, Depression and Anxiety I am here to help. Having personal experience in some of these areas I understand the compulsive/obsessive behaviours and the destructive life patterns formed. Psychotherapy can help to break the cycle of addiction giving you a safe place to explore the origins of these behaviours and giving you security in your ability to break them.
Our time together in therapy will include examination of all life stages and the influence they may have had on your thoughts, feelings and behaviours. By looking at these stages it offers the opportunity to accept ourselves, people, places and things and to develop a new life strategy offering us freedom from the bondage of self and the freedom to choose a better life. I work using Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Person centred approaches and Psychodynamic therapy.
In addition to sole 1-1 therapy, i offer animal assisted (feline) therapy at my Watford location. Cats are proven to lower depression and anxiety as well as benefit a whole host of medical issues. Having a cat in the therapy session can be extremely revealing when examining the interaction between you and the cat as well as having a calming and comforting effect.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA(hons) Psychology
- Diploma in Therapeutic Integrative Counselling
- 1 year Post Graduate Level in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- Member of BACP
- Training in Dual Diagnosis, Mental Health Awareness, Motivational Interviewing, Inner Child, Psychotropic drugs and their effects, Body Shame, Addiction and the brain, CBT.
- 18 years experience in Addiction working in Alcohol and Drug reduction programmes and Rehabilitation Clinics.
- Years of personal experience in recovery including 12 Step programmes.
- 4 years experience in Private Practice.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Dependent personality disorder
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Personality disorders
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Group therapy
- Humanistic therapies
Photos & videos
A 50 minute one to one session - Watford.
£55 during the hours of 9 - 5pm, £60 from 6 - 830pm
A 50 minute session - Covent Garden
£80 during the hours of 9 - 5pm, £85 from 6 - 830pm
Concessionary rates are available for a percentage of my clients who would struggle to afford the regular prices for therapy, please do email me to discuss this if this is your situation.
If you are considering therapy then be brave and take action, please do not hesitate to contact me to begin this worthwhile journey, you are too important not too!
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Flexible hours available Tuesday to Saturday, please contact me for further details.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|