Naomi David - Fresh Thoughts Counselling
I am a qualified Psychotherapeutic Counsellor with clinics in the Yeovil/Sherborne and Poundbury/Dorchester area. I offer a flexible appointment system, with evening sessions available.
Please specify your preferred location for therapy.
I offer therapy aimed at your own personal needs in a confidential and safe environment, where we can work together in a non-judgemental and respectful way allowing you the time needed for you to explore your own emotions and thoughts.
I work with the purpose of "working with the whole person". Therefore, I offer what is wanted, relevant and mutually agreed with you.
I work with adults, children and young people. I have a vast amount of experience of working with people with learning difficulties. Some of the areas I work with are: anxiety, general anxiety disorder, depression, post natal depression, feeling sad, relationship issues, bipolar, seasonal affective disorder (SAD), PTSD, trauma, family issues and bereavement.
*Please contact me for further information or your FREE 30 min initial meeting*
Training, qualifications & experience
- Certified Neuro Linguistic Programming Practitioner
- Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (PC - L5)
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (TC - L4)
- Certificate in Counselling Studies (CST- L3)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (CSK - L2)
- Transactional Analysis (TA101)
- Relational Trauma and Neuroscience
- REWIND Trauma Technique
- Awareness in Bereavement - Adults, Children & Young People
- Mindfulness (MBSR)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
I offer my individual sessions at a rate of £50 for 50 minutes.
I offer my work with couples at a rate of £140 for 1.5 hour sessions.
I have some availability for concession rates and I keep these free for students, young people and those who need help financially.
I offer a variety of techniques in my work, including Rewind, Mindfulness, Transactional Analysis and CBT. However, my main focus is you, the client, and to you I offer myself and my person centred skills. You remain at the heart of our sessions.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
REMAINING Available sessions are: Limited - please contact to make an appointment
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|