Marie Schroder FCMA, CGMA, MBACP,DipM,PCA,Master Practitioner NLP, TLT, Hypnosis
I am an experienced Person Centred Counsellor, Trainer and Supervisor. As a fully qualified BACP Registered Counsellor/Psychotherapist, I provide counselling sessions based on the individual needs of the person. I work with both individuals and couples on an open-ended basis or for an agreed time period, with the aim of enabling you to enhance your life and to live it more fully.
Whether you are suffering from emotional distress, stress, anxiety, self-harm, depression to relationship problems. I believe in offering an accepting, understanding and listening environment in which clients can explore whatever is concerning them most, I want my clients to have the most positive and successful experience that they can, in order to help them move forward with their lives. I believe that the relationship between the client and the counsellor is the essence to an effective and successful outcome within the therapeutic relationship.
My private practice provides a safe and confidential space for us to work together. My counselling practice is within easy reach of Rickmansworth station, and the M25. It is on the Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire border (Northwood, Watford, Little Chalfont, Amersham, Chorleywood, Denham, Uxbridge are all close by. There is adequate parking and if commuting by train it is a ten to fifteen minute walk from the metropolitan line station.
I am experienced counsellor/Psychotherapist working in a variety of fields including the corporate world. I am a qualified accountant and I was previously a Finance Director and a Director of Operations, so I have a got lots of insight for what you might be experiencing in the corporate world. I also work with a variety of agencies. I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) whose ethical framework I abide by. I also offer Person Centred Supervision to groups and individuals. I run Bereavement Groups and courses on Bereavement/NLP/ Coaching etc.
Please contact me on 07946 394391 if you would like to discuss or ask any questions.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Marie Schroder FCMA, MBACP, DipM, PCA,
- Master Practitioner NLP, TLT, Hypnosis
- Fully qualified Counsellor and Psychotherapist
- Registered Member of British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP)
- ABC Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- ABC Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- CRUSE ABC Level 3 Certificate on Supervision
- ASCENTIS Level 3 Certificate on Supervision
- ABC Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Concepts
- CRUSE ABC Certificate on Bereavement
- Certificate of Mindfulness for Well-Being
- Certificate of Understanding Mindfulness using Neuroscience
- RAPE CRISIS Training Certificate
- TIME TO TALK Training Certificate
- Enhanced DBS certificate
- MASTER PRACTITIONER NLP, COACHING, TLT & HYPNOSIS
- MAAT, FCMA, CGMA, MSc
- Cruse Certificate for Group Facilitation Course 2018
Training in various other modalities, including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Transactional Analysis (TA), Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), Mindfulness amongst others.
- MBACP (Member of British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy)
- FCMA (Fellow Chartered Management Accountant)
- CGMA (Chartered Global Management Accountant)
- MAAT (Member of The Association of Accounting Technicians)
- JASH (Member of The Jewish Association of Healers)
- Rape Crisis in High Wycombe - 2014 - 2015
- Time To Talk Agency - 2013 - 2018
- Cruse Bereavement - 2013 - to Date
In Private Practice based in Rickmansworth
Master NLP Practitioner - Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), Coaching, Time Line Therapy (TLT) & Hypnosis.
I work in other agencies including Cruse Bereavement, Time To Talk/Way In and I have also worked at Rape Crisis.
Training in anxiety, suicide, domestic abuse, rape, disassociation, transgender, self-harm, Alcoholics Anonymous, amongst others areas of specialism
I regularly attend continuous professional development days & Member organisations amongst on-going training and supervision.
I take a monthly Bereavement Group on behalf of Cruse Bereavement and I facilitate a six-week Closed Group on behalf of Cruse Bereavement.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
- Couples counselling
- Family/systemic therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Group therapy
- Human Givens psychotherapy
- Humanistic therapies
I see individuals who are self-funded or using private medical insurance.
I am a recognised service provider with a number of the main private healthcare companies.
£60 per hour for individuals, £70 for couples for an hour and a quarter, but I am sometimes able to offer negotiable rates dependent on circumstances and frequency of sessions. Supervision sessions of 1.5 hours in line with BACP requirements are charged at £75.
Coaching: or Integrative including coaching, POA
Concessions for students.
My counselling practice is based in Rickmansworth within easy reach of Rickmansworth station, and the M25. It is on the Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire border (Northwood, Watford, Little Chalfont, Amersham, Chorleywood, Denham, Uxbridge are all close by) and it is a fifteen minute walk from the metropolitan line station.
If further information is required please contact me via Phone: 07946 394391 or please feel free to contact me by e mail, all in the strictest confidence. I look forward to hearing from you.
Full professional liability insurance (Holistic Insurance)
I am able to book sessions both in the daytime and evening.
There is parking available.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Sessions are available between 9 am and 8 pm Monday to Friday.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I am a supervisor and hold a Certificate in Supervision for Cruse Bereavement Care, having worked with Cruse since 2013. I am accredited with ASCENTIS and hold a Certificate in Supervision.View supervision profile