Lee Eulalia Tomlin MBACP (Registered )
Frome Therapy Rooms
18 Bridge Street
Counselling is one of those things that until you experience it, you can be unsure about it.
My idea of a good counsellor is someone who can build a safe and trusting and non-judgmental alliance with the client, within the first session,allowing for space to explore what it is that has bravely brought them to counselling in the first place.
My belief is that communication is power, but to speak our truth, and be comfortable with that process, we must first be clear in ourselves, able to come from clarity of mind without judgment.
I come from a school of Person Centred Therapy, this counselling approach allows the client to take an active role in the process as the therapist works in a nondirective and supportive way.
For many years I worked in a Problem gambling program in Perth Western Australia, I found working in a Psycho-educational/Solution Focused way was very progressive and I had good results by adding therapies such as Mindfulness and Narrative therapy which can help to separates people from their problems, seeing them as whole, functioning individuals who at times in their lives can engage in behaviour and thought patterns that can be self-damaging or damaging to others.
This work spreads into any addictions and impulsive behaviour clients and due to my training which was a three year Bachelor of Counselling; an integrated and organised program which focused on the development of the human person through the lifespan, with a weaving of developmental, psychosocial, personal and spiritual aspect, I have had good results to break out of cycles and move into permanent change.
I have worked with many clients in different situations such as prisons, schools and a Casino.
I work with all different issues such as grief and loss, abuse, addictions, impulse behaviours such as hoarding and eating problems and general issues.
It's always worth giving me a call and we can together assess what is needed, to help you get back to your core values and to the life you want to live.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Psychotherapist June 2009 to 2013 Centrecare Perth/Non for Profit Counselling Organisation.
Worked as an outreach counsellor at Boronia Pre-release Centre for Women in Perth WA, Acacia Prison and Bandyup Prison in Perth WA.
I have done education work at Crown Casino Perth WA and presentations and worked with staff at the casino.
Trained staff selling Lottery West products, how to recognise problematic gambling.
Private practice in London from 2013 to 2017 now living in Frome.
- Bachelor of Arts Counselling University Notre Dame , Fremantle, Western Australia.
- Certificate Mindfulness AU.
- Certificate Level 1 and 2 in Solution Focused Brief Therapy. AU
- Certificate in 'Men's Behaviour Change Program Training. AU
- Certificate in Life Gate Keeper Training ( Two day Suicide Prevention Program) AU.
- Certificate in Positive Dementia Care. AU.
- The B.R.A.I.N. Workshop ( Dave Ziegler USA.)
- ASCA Workshop (Good Practice for Working with Adults Surviving Child Abuse) AU.
- Certificate in Adult Mental Health First Aid. AU.
- Certificate of Traumatic Attachment and CO-Regulation; The Neurobiology of Relationships. UK.
- Principles of Social and Therapeutic Horticulture
Workshop: 4 Expressive Therapies Institute of Australia: Certificate in Expressive Therapies with Children and Adolescents 'Balancing Emotional, Cognitive and Somatic Processes'
2 years NNEB.
I am working towards being an Accredited BACP member.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I am able to offer Walk and Talk therapy sessions if this is something you feel could be helpful.
This would begin with a session in my counselling room, to asses if this would be helpful and to asses what kind of walk might be useful.
This session would be cheaper than a normal session as it would purely be an assesment.
These Walk and Talk sessions would be working with non- judgmental listening, Talk Therapy, Mindfulness and Short Term Solution Focused Therapy.
If you like the sound of this type of Nature Orientated Therapy, give me a call and we can asses if it is something that might work for you on the phone and book an appointment to meet.
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
£55.00 for 50 minutes.
£30.00 for 50min unwaged.
Phone counselling available, cost negotiable.
I am happy to negotiate the cost if counselling is on going if you are not working or are in debt.
I am flexible in my hours and can work evenings.
I am involved in Bespoke retreats and can offer information about these by phone.
I am happy to develop a program to support what you need which may be to walk and talk or something to do with support to clear clutter.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||some Spanish, basic French and German|
I am flexible with times but I will need notice.
Types of client