Leann Lavery UKCP, BACP, E1 (City) & SW4 - Private & Online Therapy
Hello and thank you for visiting my page. You are likely here because you are going through things in your life that you need support with, and you might be considering if counselling can help, or if I am the right therapist for you.
I have a warm and down to earth approach. I bring this into my work as an integrative UKCP and BACP therapist, where I use different skills and theories which I tailor for each person I work with. This collaborative approach helps me to understand your unique needs, and how you can be supported with your hopes and goals for therapy.
I work with people dealing with depression, anxiety, work-related stress, relationship issues, loneliness, bereavement, low self-esteem, anger, bullying and much more. Please visit my website to get a more in-depth feel for me and how I work.
Very often we have the answers to life’s challenges inside of us, but they can seem out of reach when we are distressed, resulting in feelings of being overwhelmed or stuck. This is where therapy with me can help you. I provide a confidential and non-judgemental space where we will work together to untangle your thoughts, behaviours and feelings to help you gain clarity, personal growth and the means to identify and change unhelpful patterns in your life.
I work from a bright and well located room on Shoreditch High Street; currently these appointments are full. My Clapham practice is full, though I have some availability for weekday online sessions. Please contact me to make an appointment
To give you a clearer idea of what 'integrative therapy' looks like in practice; I may use psychodynamic thinking to help you understand your past or how you relate to people, or humanistic (person centred) theory to focus on developing a stronger sense of your identity. Perhaps you have broader questions about life and death, so we may look existentially at what you are going through. If you are open to it, we can also think about how the body holds your emotions to help you understand and work through your feelings - this can be done with simple breath work and mindfulness.
For many years I worked in public relations and marketing in London, so I understand the demands and stresses of the corporate world, and the impact this has when living in a busy, and often anonymous city.
Finding the right therapist for you:
In your search for a therapist, it’s important that you find someone you feel safe and comfortable with. The best way to figure this out is to meet face-to-face, and you can start things off by emailing or giving me a call - I offer a free 20-minute telephone consultation. Afterwards, we can decide together how to take things forward.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a fully qualified and accredited UKCP and BACP integrative psychotherapist with many years’ experience working with people in a variety of settings including the NHS, low-cost counselling services, private practice and charities.
- Clinical Post Graduate Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy, The Metanoia Institute
- Clinical Post Graduate Diploma in Integrative Psychodynamic Counselling, The Metanoia Institute
- Doctorate in Counselling Psychology and Psychotherapy (in completion), The Metanoia Institute
- CPD in Healing Trauma: Helping Mind, Brain & Body To Let Go Of The Past, with Dr Bessel van der Kolk
- CPD in Risk Assessments, The Awareness Centre, London
- Certificate in Counselling Skills, City and Islington College, London
- BA (Hons) in Psychology, University College Dublin, Ireland
I hold a full DBS clearance.
Visit here to learn more: http://www.connected-therapy.co.uk.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Body awareness psychotherapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Existential therapy
- Humanistic therapies
Photos & videos
I work in two practices in convenient locations in London and I offer therapy sessions via Skype.
My fee is £70 per in-person session and £65 per Skype session, though I offer concessions to those on benefits and lower incomes as I believe counselling should be accessible for everyone. Please contact me to discuss fees.
On Tuesday work in a practice between Shoreditch and the City of London (E1), a 2 minute walk from Shoreditch High Street Overground, and an 8 minute walk to Liverpool Street Station. These slots are currently full.
I offer face-to-face sessions on Monday evenings in practice in Clapham which is a 10 minute walk to Clapham South Tube, and close to Clapham Common and Balham, serving the surrounding area in South West London. These slots are currently full.
I daily weekday slots available for online counselling via Skype on Monday mornings (UK time).
- Concessions for students, those on lower income or benefits;
- Face-to face-counselling in East London / City of London - Shoreditch, Liverpool Street, Old Street, Hackney, Bank, Monument and the surrounding areas;
- Face-to-face counselling in South London - Clapham, Balham, Brixton, Wandsworth, Battersea, Vauxhall, Stockwell and the surrounding areas;
- Online counselling via Skype for those who cannot attend face-to-face, work shift, live outside London or the UK.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Tuesdays in City/Shoreditch, East London E1 - currently all slots are full. Limited availablity for weekday online counselling via Skype. Mondays in Clapham, SW4, South West London - full.
Types of client