Judith Woolfall MSc PgDip MBACP (Reg)
Hello, my name is Judy. I am a qualified and experienced integrative counsellor and psychotherapist, specialising in anxiety, trauma and relationship issues. I adhere to the British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists Ethical Framework for Good Practice (BACP, 2016). I work with therapeutic modalities that suit your specific emotional needs, ranging from Person-Centred therapy, CBT, ACT, Systemic therapy, Mindfulness, Psychodynamic therapy through to EMDR. I will help you to develop your self-awareness, find your true self and empower you by gaining an understanding of how and why you react to certain situations, in turn, enabling you to manage your emotions and life more effectively. Additionally, understanding why you make certain choices that may not always be in your best interests. Discovering yourself through therapy will facilitate this awareness, allowing yourself to accept and value who you are.
I passionately believe that everyone has something in them to value and nurture and that no one is beyond help. I believe everyone deserves a chance to be happy and to live a rich and peaceful life. I understand it is not always easy asking for help, however, if you are reading this you have already taken the first step.
I work from my home with access to parking. I usually work during the day, however I am happy to see you in an evening if that is more convenient for you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Master's degree (MSc) in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Professional diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing)
- Certificate in Mental Health Awareness
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills and Theory
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training
I have experience working with an extensive range of emotional issues such as depression, stress and GAD (generalised anxiety disorder). Additionally, if you are a survivor of sexual abuse, living with FGM (female genital mutilation), suffering from a loss or bereavement, experiencing domestic violence, abuse, have low self-esteem or confidence issues, suffering from work related stress, self-harming or experiencing suicide ideation, then I will work with you as you process your feelings and work through this difficult emotional time.
Additionally I use EMDR therapy, which is really helpful when working on trauma related issues, PTSD, OCD and phobias, and is endorsed by NICE (2005) and the World Health Organisation (WHO, 2013) for the treatment of PTSD. This is a relatively new therapeutic approach compared to classic CBT or psychotherapy. I have found EMDR to be extremely beneficial for my clients who are severely traumatised by historical or recent traumatic events, such a sexual abuse.
I have extensive experience of working with bereavement and loss, having worked for Cruse bereavement care for over 2 years. Losing a loved one can be life changing and I can support a person to manage these changes, as ultimately one doesn't simply 'get over' their loss, as they ultimately find themselves living their life in a different way. I also appreciate loss comes in many forms; death of a partner or family member, a pet, a relationship, job, or maybe a lifestyle.
I have attended many workshops, some of which are mentioned below:
*EMDR with OCD
*Rage and Shame
*Forced Marriage and Honour Based Violence
*Working with FGM in mental health services
*12 Steps to Addiction
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
EMDR (Eye Movement desensitisation reprocessing)
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Existential therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Students: £30.00 per hour.
- Individual: £45.00 per hour.
- EMDR: £50.00 per hour (May need more than an hour for your first session)
- I have undergone EMDR training under the instruction of Dr Derek Farrell who is the president of EMDR UK and Ireland. This was an amazing course that increased my understanding of the complexity and workings of the brain. It opened my eyes to a different way of working therapeutically, by physically moving the trauma/unhelpful memory to a place within the brain where it becomes simplified and much more manageable. By creating new neural pathways a person is able to change their cognition and find new ways of coping.
- I passionately believe in the power of the therapeutic relationship. My initial training in the person-centred approach ensures the core conditions of empathy, congruence and UPR (unconditional positive regard) are always at the forefront of my mind. So whichever therapeutic approach is needed to best support a person, it's important to me that the individual feels accepted and valued.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I work from home and am available to see you on an evening and/or weekends if that is more convenient for you.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|