Joanne Harris (MA) UKCP Accredited & MBACP Integrative Psychotherapist
I offer you a calm, warm and supportive space to explore what is concerning you and I can help with a wide variety of problems including anxiety, depression and relationships.
Who do I work with?
I work one to one with adults experiencing a range of difficulties - relationship breakup/conflict, bereavement (inc. miscarriage/abortion), stressful life changes. You might be feeling stuck, unhappy, lonely, angry or suffering with low self-esteem. We can explore your feelings, possible connections between past and present and how to find ways forward to help you to feel better.
I have worked with many clients who have experienced childhood family disruption (loss/divorce) which impacts their relationships and way of being now. I have researched the impact of an absent father (physical or emotional), especially, but not exclusively for a daughter.
As a yoga/mindfulness teacher I can also offer mindfulness as part of a session or as a series of focussed sessions.
Please see my yoga website if you think this is something you would like to do instead of psychotherapy/counselling or in addition (http://www.thinkfeelbe.co.uk) . Please note: I may not work with you as a private client if you would like to come to the restorative yoga class I teach.
Culturally sensitive, I welcome diversity of age, ethnicity, religion, gender and sexual identity. I will respect and understand your beliefs and values.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MA Integrative Psychotherapy and Counselling
- Post Graduate Diploma in Integrative Counselling
- Foundation Certificate in Integrative Counselling
All the above qualifications have been obtained from the Minster Centre, NW6, which is a highly respected training organisation.
- MA Art History
- BA Humanities
- 2yr BTEC National Diploma in the Practice and Teaching of Yoga (Morley College)
- 2yr Meditation Teacher Training (Dru London)
- Yoga Nidra Teacher Training (Satyananda, London)
- Relax and Renew Restorative Yoga Teacher Training (Judith Lasater, London)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I am experienced in working with clients who have:
- an absent parent (physical or emotional)
- who do not know one/both of their parents
Having worked in higher education, I am experienced in working with:
- students from outside of the UK who may need emotional/psychological support whilst they are studying in London
- students who have received counselling from their institution, perhaps short-term, but who want to continue to have support
My fee is £75 for a 50 mins session. An initial appointment would give you the chance to meet me and see if you would like to work with me.
My concessionary slots are all taken currently.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|