Joanne Harris (MBACP) Integrative Psychotherapist
The Minster Centre
20 Lonsdale Road
I offer you a calm, warm and supportive space to explore what is concerning you. I have day/eve session times in three locations - NW6, NW10 and EC4 and I can help with a wide variety of problems including anxiety, depression and relationships.
Who do I work with?
I work one to one with adults experiencing a range of difficulties - relationship breakup/conflict, bereavement (inc. miscarriage/abortion), stressful life changes. You might be feeling stuck, unhappy, lonely, angry or suffering with low self-esteem. We can explore your feelings, possible connections between past and present and how to find ways forward to help you to feel better.
I have worked with many clients who have experienced childhood family disruption (loss/divorce) which impacts their relationships and way of being now. I have researched the impact of an absent father (physical or emotional), especially, but not exclusively for a daughter.
As a yoga/mindfulness teacher I can also offer mindfulness as part of a session or as a series of focussed sessions.
Culturally sensitive, I welcome diversity of age, ethnicity, religion, gender and sexual identity. I will respect and understand your ideas, beliefs and values and not impose mine on you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MA Integrative Psychotherapy and Counselling
- Post Graduate Diploma in Integrative Counselling
- Foundation Certificate in Integrative Counselling
All the above qualifications have been obtained from the Minster Centre, NW6, which is a highly respected training organisation.
- MA Art History
- BA Humanities
- 2yr BTEC National Diploma in the Practice and Teaching of Yoga (Morley College)
- 2yr Meditation Teacher Training (Dru London)
- Yoga Nidra Teacher Training (Satyananda, London)
- Relax and Renew Restorative Yoga Teacher Training (Judith Lasater, London)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I am experienced in working with clients who have:
- an absent parent (physical or emotional)
- who do not know one/both of their parents
Having worked in higher education, I am experienced in working with:
- students from outside of the UK who may need emotional/psychological support whilst they are studying in London
- students who have received counselling from their institution, perhaps short-term, but who want to continue to have support
An initial 50 mins appointment/assessment is £35 in any of my locations.
Thereafter, for each 50mins session I charge:
- £75 in EC4 (Fleet St)
- £65 in NW6 (Queens Park)
- £65 in NW10 (Kensal Rise/Willesden).
Price differences reflect room hire charges in the different locations.
My concessionary slots are all taken currently.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|