Joanne Harris (MBACP) PG Dip.Integrative Counselling
Ground Floor Office
1 Bell Yard
The Minster Centre
20 Lonsdale Road
I have experience as an educator, yoga/meditation teacher and counsellor. I bring all of my experience, including my own life experience, to my counselling work. I am integrative in my approach which means I draw on different theoretical approaches as well as paying attention to thoughts, feelings and the body.
I work one to one with clients on a variety of difficulties which may include:
- loss and bereavement
- anxiety and panic attacks
- crisis of identity
- relationship difficulties
My aim is to create a safe, reliable, warm and confidential space for you to explore whatever is troubling you. The relationship we create - the rapport and trust - can be one of the most healing parts of therapy. Being heard and seen by your counsellor is crucial. I will listen, support and at times gently challenge you when, and if, I think it will be helpful.
I am happy to have a free 10-20 mins telephone call to see if you would like to meet me. There is no obligation to meet if we speak.
An initial 50 mins appointment would give you the feel for what therapy and I am like. There is no obligation to continue after this.
If we decide we want to work together after this we will agree a regular weekly session time. We will then meet at the same time on the same day each week.
Depending upon your presenting problem, the work may be short term (up to 24 weeks) or long term (24 + wks). We may decide at the start what to focus on or allow things to unfold if the work is long term.
Training, qualifications & experience
My clinical experience has been in primary care for the Low Cost Therapy Service at the Minster Centre, a central London private group practice and my own private practice.
- MA Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy (due to complete 2018)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Integrative Counselling
- Foundation Certificate in Integrative Counselling
All the above have been obtained from the Minster Centre, NW6, which is a highly respected training organisation.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I am interested in psychosomatic problems.
I am experienced in working with clients who have:
- an absent parent
- who do not know one/both of their parents
- who have cut off contact with a parent/family
Having worked in higher education for 20yrs, I am experienced in working with:
- students from outside of the UK who may need emotional/psychological support whilst they are studying in London
- students who have received counselling from their institution, perhaps short-term, but who want to continue to have support
Photos & videos
I have a sliding fee scale which is dependant on ability to pay and the time of the session.
As an experienced student and teacher of yoga and meditation, I can offer meditation/mindfulness either on its own or as part of therapy.
I have the following relevant qualifications:
- 2yr BTEC National Diploma in the Practice and Teaching of Yoga (Morley College)
- 2yr Meditation Teacher Training (Dru London)
- Yoga Nidra Teacher Training (Satyananda, London)
- Relax and Renew Restorative Yoga Teacher Training (Judith Lasater, London)
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client