Dr Ian Anderson
I am a Chartered Psychologist registered with the HCPC with over 30 years of experience. I am separately qualified in various fields of applied Psychology including Clinical Psychology, Forensic Psychology, Counselling Psychology and Occupational Psychology.
I have worked in private practice with over two thousand patients and supervised more than 100 therapists. I am separately qualified and trained in a number of therapeutic styles including Insight Based Therapy, CBT, and Existential Therapy supporting a truly integrated eclectic approach. I am a firm believer that matching the right therapy delivered by the right therapist to an individual is the key to therapeutic success.
I now deliver all my counselling and therapy by the following methods:
- Video conferencing
- Telephone sessions
- Real-time online chat
I work with all psychological and emotional problems including:
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
I also offer couples counselling focused upon relationship difficulties with each of you in a separate location if you choose.
I am aware that working remotely with a counsellor is something that few people have experienced. For that reason I offer an initial free session in order that you can decide whether this is right for you and I can determine whether I can help. Your first session can usually be arranged within days.
I offer a sliding scale of fees based upon clients' means.
Training, qualifications & experience
- PhD from the University of Manchester researching psychological diagnoses, 1980.
- Msc in Psychological Counselling, Roehampton Institute, 1987.
- MSc in Occupational Psychology, University of London, 1986.
- MSc in Experimental Psychology, Sussex University, 1985.
- MA(Econ) Social Psychology and Research Methods, University of Manchester, 1977
- BA(Econ) Hons, Sociology University of Manchester, 1976.
I have worked with more than 2,000 clients and supervised more than 100 therapists over a 35 year career.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
- Family/systemic therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Interpersonal therapy
- Other therapies
- Person-centred therapy
£60 to £120 per session sliding scale based upon client means.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I offer all my sessions via video conference (Skype and others), telephone, or email.
Seven days a week 2.00 PM to 8.00 PM
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I began my career as a practicing therapist in 1978 whilst conducting my doctoral research.