Guy Payne Accredited MBACP
Guy Payne Counselling.
Hello and thank you for looking at my profile.
My name is Guy Payne and I provide counselling to:
- Adults and Couples
- Parents and Children
The therapy I provide will help you to feel better in yourself and live your life feeling more confident, relaxed and comfortable with yourself and others.
• Bournemouth and Poole
• Burley in the New Forest
• Central Southampton.
I specialize in:
• Providing comprehensive treatment for Anxiety, Health anxiety and Generalised Anxiety Disorder
• Supporting you to change difficult relationships into places of trust and mutual support
• Calming Panic attacks so you can live your life in peace and harmony
• Showing you how lift your Depression and stay free from Depressive episodes
• Helping children and adults recover from the physical and emotional effects of childhood trauma
How I work
I listen carefully to what you say so you can help me understand what is happening for you at the moment and I am guided by you as you speak about the changes you would like to make.
My mission is to quickly and thoroughly improve the parts of your life you need support with by using gentle, well researched, therapies that I have used and know to be effective and long lasting.
I understand that looking for help can sometimes be a daunting prospect so I am happy to spend as little or as much time as you need explaining the process and talking through what is right for you so you are comfortable and confident about the course of therapy.
Once you are happy we can start the process of helping you feel better.
I maintain a busy and varied practice in Dorset and Hampshire and where I work privately and for the NHS.
I am also the therapeutic lead in a Central London secondary school where I support children and young people through their life at school.
I am also registered AVIVA Health Care counsellor.
Taking the first step
If you would like to get in touch, you are more than welcome to get in contact with me by phone, text or email.
Training, qualifications & experience
To reach Accreditation status with the BACP it is necessary to have an advanced counselling qualification in the first instance and to undergo yearly relevant continuing professional development. Please look at this link that will explain more about the process www.bacp.co.uk/accreditation/
In addition to my Accredited status with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy, I have a specific interest and extensive training in Attachment Therapy, Family Therapy, Trauma Recovery, Group Work and CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy).
I have Professional Liability Insurance and every year I undertake an Enhanced Criminal Record Bureau check.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
- Family/systemic therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Group therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Interpersonal therapy
- Other therapies
- Person-centred therapy
Photos & videos
I charge £60 per 50 minute session.
I have also practice from:
- The New Forest, Burley, BH24 4AS
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
10.30am-9.00pm weekdays. If it suits your schedule, I will arrange our first meeting to be within five days of you making contact with me.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|