*Online Counselling* with Dr. Emma Radway-Bright
'I need therapy' is a thought that has crossed your mind... that's why you're searching listings for counsellors and psychotherapists near me in London.
So, I'm Emma, one of the lead therapists at I Need Therapy (www.ineedtherapy.co.uk) based in London. [Feel free to follow my professional Instagram: @therapybutton ]
[Please note: Due to the current Covid-19 situation, I am only offering online (Zoom) sessions for the foreseeable future. This allows me to be more flexible with session days / times while everyone adjusts to the current situation.]
I'm based at a community development - Peckham Levels - in Peckham (SE15), South East London. It is easily accessible from central London and most locations across London, with good links via train, bus and London overground / underground.
I believe that life is full of many daily events or 'traumas' that cause unhappiness, depression, stress, anxiety and panic attacks. There doesn't have to have been a massive 'trauma' event that has happened to you. You might just be feeling sad, upset, lonely or anxious. There are many experiences that life may present you with that you need to talk about. You might want to explore specific experiences or maybe you’re not quite sure how an event may have impacted your life and the people around you. You may just want to talk about how you feel. What you think. How you act. That's all fine. I have the expertise, time and space to work with you! I specialise in trauma - all the traumas (big & small) that life presents you with, which you may be struggling to get through. Just give me a call.
You might be having relationship or family issues? Problems in relationships with your friends? Or perhaps feel there's something missing because you don't have these relationships at all. We can talk about all aspects of relationships and how you feel about them.
I have also specifically worked with people who have experienced rape; childhood sexual, physical or emotional abuse; and domestic violence; as well as working with women and men who have needed additional support post-miscarriage or post-abortion. So if any of these are affecting you, please also feel free to call and explore how I might help.
The space I provide for us to work together while exploring your experiences, thoughts and feelings will always be confidential, understanding, compassionate and empathic. If this is something that you feel you would like to try then please do contact me to discuss how I may help.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I'm a qualified Counsellor and Psychotherapist; and an Accredited Member of the National Counselling Society (NCS). I appear on their register of therapists and work according to their Code of Ethics.
- I have undertaken specialist training and continuous professional development to work with people suffering from the effects of trauma and PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder). I work using Babette Rothschild's Somatic Trauma Therapy tools, where appropriate.
- I volunteered for a number of years, both while training and post-qualification, with organisations who worked with women and young girls who have experienced rape, childhood sexual, physical or emotional abuse, and domestic violence. I continue to work with these issues in my private practice.
- I also work with women and men who have needed additional support post-miscarriage or post-abortion; and with people who are specifically carers (supporting a person who has a specific physical or mental health need) and struggling with the burden of this role.
- My experience spans all the common mental wellness challenges you could encounter... feelings of sadness, depression, despair, stress, fear, anger, anxiety, abandonment, loneliness, rejection, trauma and confusion. This list is not exhaustive, as I've encountered so many feelings and experiences while working with people that would be too many to list.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
National Counselling Society
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
There are just too many specific areas of counselling I cover to list. It's important for you to recognise that whatever mental health challenges or problems you are dealing with... they don't have to fit in a box or have a specific name.
LIFE is what we all struggle with at times. It's messy. It's varied. And I don't think any one person fits into any kind of box or experiences the same difficulties in the same way.
If you're having difficulties and need to talk. Then let's do this! Give me a call and let's start to work out how you can move forward and feel better by having some therapy.
I practice an integrative approach to therapy. This means several distinct models of counselling and psychotherapy are used together. We can explore a range of approaches. But don't worry... models and approaches mean nothing to most people. I'll just use my knowledge, expertise and experience to work with you.
£65.00 per session
Concessions offered for
I offer weekly 50 minute sessions that start on the hour.
All sessions are charged at £65.
[Please note that I do not offer fortnightly or monthly sessions.]
Payment is by cash or debit card. Payment is taken at least one session in advance to allow for reservation of your slot for the following week (details agreed during our first session).
I charge the full session fee (£65) for missed sessions or sessions cancelled within 24hrs of the next scheduled session.
April to July 2021: Conducting Online (Zoom) sessions due to Covid-19 contingencies: Tues, Wed & Thurs > 11am to 5pm; Tues & Thurs evenings > 6-9pm; Saturday > 11am to 3pm. Email to enquire.
I offer a discounted rate to students currently enrolled on a counselling course, who need personal therapy as a requirement of their qualification. Please contact me to discuss your course requirements.