I offer a welcoming environment whereby I hope you feel safe to explore your emotions without fear of criticism or blame.
Being listened to at a deep level with warmth and understanding alleviates distress and brings huge relief. Being able to express yourself in the presence of another who seeks to understand you is a very powerful experience.
We can explore what is causing you to feel and behave the way you do, make connections with how past events may be affecting your present life and identify any unhelpful patterns that are preventing you from living a more fulfilling life.
Together we will consider alternative ways of thinking or behaving. You will gain new insights and confidence in your own strengths, therefore empowering you to make positive choices for future change.
I offer a collaborative approach and include breathing techniques to assist in reducing anxiety, timelines to help connect life experiences and creative activities such as drawing and writing to aid self-expression.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a BACP Accredited Registered Counsellor/Psychotherapist and a Counsellor in Secondary and Primary Schools using Child-Centred play therapy skills.
I have a strong grounding in Person-Centred Therapy. Throughout my career I have gained a great deal of experience and therefore integrate a range of therapeutic approaches to best suit the needs of each person.
- Diploma In Counselling.
- Accredited member of The British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP).
- Registered Counsellor/Psychotherapist.
- School Counsellor for Hertfordshire County Council since 2008 working with 4-19 year olds.
- NHS Counsellor; CfD trained via IAPT programme.
- Counsellor in a Women's Centre for 10 years.
- Telephone support with Hertfordshire Domestic Abuse Helpline supporting men and women.
- Reparation Order Support Worker with Youth Offending Team.
- Counsellor for child and adult carers with Princess Royal Carers Trust.
Further areas of training include ;
- Sexual Abuse
- Eating Disorders
- Attachment Theory
- Therapeutic Play Skills
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Brief Solution Focussed Therapy
- Safeguarding & Protecting Children
- Exploring Our Inner Child
- Domestic Violence
- Polyvagal Theory
- Sex & Sexuality
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
People choose therapy for many reasons including ;
- The misery and loneliness of depression
- Stress, anxiety, panic and fear
- Shock, grief and loss following bereavement
- Anger and rage affecting relationships
- Abuse, bullying and domestic violence
- Divorce, illness, retirement
- Identity, gender, sexuality
- Self-harm and eating disorders
- Overwhelming feelings of helplessness
You don't have to struggle alone.
Concessions offered for
£55 per 50 minute session.
£65 per session for Employee Assistance Programmes.
I also offer a limited number of sessions at a reduced fee, dependent on individual circumstances. Please feel free to ask.
Daytime and early evening. I also offer sessions by Zoom, FaceTime and Phone.
If you are considering counselling and would like to find out more, feel free to contact me without any obligation.
If you choose to go ahead, you may decide that you require just a few sessions, or you may prefer open-ended counselling.
- I attend regular supervision in line with BACP requirements.
- Civil Liability insured.
- Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service checked (DBS).
- Situated in Watford/Oxhey, approximately 10 minutes walk from Carpenders Park Station.
- Bordering Greater London (Middlesex).
- Ample unrestricted parking.