Diana Ross MBACP (Accred)
Talking to a counsellor can bring huge relief. Being listened to with warmth and understanding alleviates distress and is a healing experience. I offer a safe and caring environment whereby you can explore your emotions without fear of criticism or blame.
Reflecting on what is happening increases self-awareness, helps to make sense of situations and improves relationships.
We can explore what is causing you to feel and behave the way you do, make connections with how past events may be affecting your present life and identify any unhelpful patterns that are preventing you from living a more fulfilling life.
Together we can consider alternative ways of thinking or behaving. You will gain new insights and confidence in your own strengths, therefore empowering you to make more positive choices for future change.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a BACP accredited registered counsellor/psychotherapist and a counsellor in secondary and primary schools using Child-Centred play therapy.
I have a strong grounding in Person-Centred Therapy and during my sixteen years as a counsellor I have integrated a range of therapeutic approaches to best suit the needs of each person.
* Diploma In Counselling.
* Accredited member of The British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP).
* Registered Counsellor/Psychotherapist.
* School Counsellor for Hertfordshire County Council since 2008 working with 4-19 year olds.
* Counsellor in a Women's Centre for 10 years.
* Telephone support with Hertfordshire Domestic Abuse Helpline supporting men and women.
* Reparation Order Support Worker with Youth Offending Team.
* Counsellor for child and adult carers with Princess Royal Carers Trust.
Further areas of training include:
* Sexual Abuse
* Eating Disorders
* Attachment Theory
* Therapeutic Play Skills
* Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
* Brief Solution Focussed Therapy
* Safeguarding & Protecting Children
* Exploring Our Inner Child
* Difficult Relationships
* Domestic Violence
* Overcoming Anger
* Sex & Sexuality
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Physical abuse
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
People choose therapy for many reasons including ;
* The misery and loneliness of depression
* Stress, anxiety, panic and fear
* Shock, grief and loss following bereavement
* Anger and rage affecting relationships
* Abuse, bullying and domestic violence
* Divorce, illness, retirement
* Identity, gender, sexuality
* Self-harm and eating disorders
* Overwhelming feelings of helplessness
You don't have to struggle alone.
£45 per 50 minute session.
I also offer a limited number of sessions at a reduced fee, dependent on individual circumstances.
If you are considering counselling and would like to find out more, feel free to contact me without any obligation.
If you choose to go ahead, you may decide that you require just a few sessions, or you may prefer open-ended counselling.
* I attend regular supervision in line with BACP requirements.
* Civil Liability insured.
* Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service checked (DBS).
* Situated in Watford/Oxhey, approximately 10 minutes walk from Carpenders Park Station.
* Bordering Greater London (Middlesex).
* Ample parking.
* Evening and weekend appointments are also available.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|