Davina Lacey (registered) MBACP - Counselling adults & young people
I am an experienced person-centred counsellor, working with both adults and young people (usually 14+) in Buckinghamshire.
Here are a few key bits of information that I hope will help you to consider whether I might be a good fit to work with you.
- Issues I work a lot with include depression, anxiety (and generalised anxiety disorder), self-harm, relationship difficulties, family issues, separation and life changes (basically our messy, complicated, emotional lives!).
- I have been in private practice as a Person-Centred Counsellor since 2013
- I have also trained in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and using creative arts therapy, which I can integrate into my work with you, if that interests you.
- I will create an accepting and safe space for you to talk confidentially about any areas of your life and explore difficulties you are experiencing, without judgement.
- For some people, counselling means seeking deeper understanding of themselves or situations. For others, we may be exploring solutions or changes you would like to make.
You can read more about me and get a feel for how I work on my website. I have sections that detail my separate work with adults and with young people www.davinalaceycounselling.com
I offer an initial session so you can find out more about how I work and get a feel for whether counselling feels the right decision for now . In this session we can talk about what is going on for you and discuss what you hope to gain from counselling.
Training, qualifications & experience
Qualifications & Certificates
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency, Accredited Voluntary Register
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (for qualified counsellors)
- Diploma in the Theory and Practice of Counselling ( Person-Centred Approach)
- BA (Hons) in Human and Education studies
I have lectured in Counselling Theory & Practice (Diploma), have been a Director of Bucks Family Network (providing therapy for families). I am also a qualified part-time youth worker and have trained in Neuro-linguistic Programming (Core Skills Practitioner).
I regularly undertake training courses & CPD which have included
- Family Constellations workshop
- Masks of Masculinity (Confer)
- Advanced Safeguarding Children
- Using Creative Skills in Counselling
- Understanding Anxiety
- Anger Management
- Baby Bonding Practitioner Training
Memberships of Professional Bodies:
I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) and I am bound by and adhere to their Ethical Framework for Good Practice.
In June 2018 I was selected for a BACP Register Audit where I was deemed to have met the Register standards and I received the following feedback: "The Audit Assessment Team was particularly impressed with the excellent level of detail throughout your audit submission and your commitment to furthering your practice with relevant CPD activities".
I hold full Professional Liability Insurance and a current DBS check.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Photos & videos
The first session is offered free of charge and lasts about 25 minutes, this is to help you find out if working with me will be right for you.
After this initial session, each session lasts 50 minutes and is usually charged at £50. It is important to me that cost isn't a barrier to accessing counselling so I do provide counselling at lower rates for those on low incomes, receiving benefits and pensions, students and others who will find paying full fees difficult at this time. Please ask me about this these concessions.
The counselling room I use is Hughenden Valley, High Wycombe. It is a calm, quiet space within easy distance of High Wycombe, Naphill, Great Missenden, Princes Risborough, Aylesbury and surrounding areas and has a private drive and parking spaces. (Head over to my website to see photos of the room.)
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Sessions are available Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday daytimes (9am – 3pm) and Monday and Wednesday evenings (6pm - 9pm
Types of client