Carol Nudds - MA Child Psych, Dipl-Supv, PG-Dip CAMHS, BA (hons) UKCP
I am a very experienced child, adolescent and family psychotherapist. I currently run a private practice, and supervise final year students on an MA in integrative child and adolescent counselling and psychotherapy based in north London.
Previous employment has been in the field of social care whereby I provided a therapeutic service for looked after children and consultation to foster carers. I then set up and developed a child and adolescent mental health service within a school for emotional and behavioural problems; I ran a successful service for eight years. Following this I consulted for and clinically supervised a team of psychotherapists in a similar school. Alongside this I worked as a clinician for The Priory in their outpatient department.
I work with a range of mental health and emotional problems, and have a particular interest in trauma based difficulties.
I am also a skilled and experienced supervisor and offer individual supervision and group consultation within professional services.
I am a full member of UKCP
Training, qualifications & experience
- Dipl Supv clinical supervision
- MA Integrative Child and Adolescent Counselling and Psychotherapy
- PG-Dip Child & Adolescent Mental Health
- BA (hons) Psychosocial Studies
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Discussed during phone consultation.
Low cost considered on need basis.
I am currently on a somatic trauma training and I'm very interested in the effects of trauma on the body and bodily representations of traumatic experience.
I also tutored students for the duration of their two-year mother and baby observation. I am keenly interested in attachment and child development and the effects that continue into adult life.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
9am to 8pm weekdays. Saturdays are currently full.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Dipl Supv Integrative Child & Adolescent Counselling and Psychotherapy.