Carol Nudds - MA Child Psych, Dipl-Supv, PG-Dip CAMHS, BA (hons) UKCP
Counselling and Psychotherapy
Children, Adolescents, Adults, Families, Parenting.
I have recently relocated to Hutton nr Shenfield, Brentwood and Billericay where I have a private therapy room. I now offer counselling and psychotherapy.
I work with a range of difficulties from anxiety and depression, attachment problems, relational difficulties, addictions, and more severe trauma based problems.
I am a very experienced Psychotherapist. and supervise students and qualified practitioners .
I have provided psychotherapy within social care, and created and managed a Camhs service within a school for emotional and behavioural difficulties. Following this I consulted for, and clinically supervised a team of psychotherapists in a similar school. I worked as a clinician for The Priory in their outpatient department.
My private practice is suitable for adults, couples, parents and adolescents and children. .
I am also a skilled and experienced supervisor and offer individual supervision and group consultation within professional services.
I am a full member of UKCP
Training, qualifications & experience
- Dipl Supv clinical supervision
- MA Integrative Child and Adolescent Counselling and Psychotherapy
- PG-Dip Child & Adolescent Mental Health
- BA (hons) Psychosocial Studies
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
- Couples counselling
- Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy
- Existential therapy
- Family/systemic therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Group therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Interpersonal therapy
- Person-centred therapy
- Play therapy
- Psychoanalytical and psychodynamic
Discussed during phone consultation.
Low cost considered on need basis.
I have completed a certificate in somatic trauma training and I'm very interested in the effects of trauma on the mind and body and how it impacts the present.
I also tutored students for the duration of their two-year mother and baby observation. I am keenly interested in attachment and child development and the effects that continue into adult life.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
9am to 8pm weekdays.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Dipl Supv Integrative Child & Adolescent Counselling and Psychotherapy.