Anna Disley BA (Hons), MBACP, Psychotherapist/Counsellor
I am an experienced counsellor and psychotherapist providing a flexible approach to suit your needs. I work in Guildford, Godalming and Farnham offering day and evening appointments for individuals and couples.
Counselling is not about giving you advice but provides the space to explore and discover your unique strengths so you can work through issues or ongoing problems you may have been facing for a long time.
Some of the areas I work in include:
- problems within close relationships
- anxiety and depression
- lacking in self worth and confidence in yourself
- stress related issues and anger management
- bereavement including suicide and miscarriage
- living with a life limiting illness.
Many of us choose to live in a long term partnership - a healthy relationship is an ability to share and be open with your partner enabling you to discuss your needs in a supporting and loving environment. However there may be a number of reasons why the relationship may be floundering such as:
- pressures outside the relationship with friends, children, family
- having lost or not knowing how to communicate our needs to each other
- pressure from work and other commitments
- or perhaps a fear of intimacy due to issues from our past
Working with a counsellor can provide the neutral space to discuss what went wrong and to explore ways to resolve them using the couples own problem solving abilities.
If the decision has been made to dissolve a relationship counselling can provide support whilst going through this painful process.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA (Hons) Degree in Counselling (University of Greenwich)
- FdSc Foundation Degree in Integrative Humanistic Counselling (University of Greenwich)
- Member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (MBACP)
As well as working in private practice, I work as an associate counsellor at The Fountain Centre, Royal Surrey County Hospital - I provide counselling to people with cancer who may be facing a life limited prognosis as well as working with their carers.
I have worked in a variety of settings including a well-being centre counselling disadvantaged people with long-term mental health issues, learning disabilities and autism.
I have also worked as a counsellor to students at Royal Holloway University.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
My fee is £50 for a 50 minute session - one to one counselling.
Couples counselling £70 a session.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Available weekdays and evenings.
Types of client