Alicia Marchant, BSc Psy (Hon's), DIP Couns, PDIP (CBT),NCS (Accred) & BACP Regd
Ever feel like you have a lot going on in your mind? Isolated? Alone, with no one to talk to about it all? Or maybe you just don’t feel comfortable sharing your thoughts with your family? Perhaps you are getting to a stage where you’re feeling as if you’re in a deep dark hole unable to get out, with an uncertainty of the future.
Life can be challenging and get on top of us, whether it’s: other people, situations, work or even ourselves. We can get into a negative cycle and sometimes are unable to admit that we need help.
If any of this applies to you, then maybe it's time to try therapy?
Yes, sharing your personal life, thoughts and feelings can be scary. Therapy isn’t for everyone, but the question to ask is: “What is the way forward when your current way isn’t working?”.
Therapy is there to help people like yourself, get to where you want to be and sometimes there is only ourselves, standing in our own way. However, finding the courage to get help is not a weakness yet a strength. There is hope. You can make changes to your life and be the person you want to become.
Within my therapy sessions, you are able to share whatever is going on in your mind in a safe, warm, open and non-judgemental environment. We will explore and deal with your troubles together.
I offer affordable prices (more affordable than other therapists in the area, but not at the compromise of quality), as I feel everyone deserves to have the opportunity to talk to a therapist.
A little bit about me as a person
At the age of nineteen, I decided to undergo my own personal therapy. I found the experience to be life-changing and as a result, I took the steps to train as a counsellor; as I wanted to give a little back to the universe and help others.
I am passionate about helping others, as it gives me a great sense of wellbeing knowing I can make a difference to a person’s life or help them if they are struggling.
As well as working as a self-employed therapist, I also work in the banking industry helping those who have experienced a bereavement.
I actively participate in charity events to help raise money for their cause. So far, I have supported the charity Mind by carrying out a Sky Dive and Haven’s Hospice, by embarking on a Wing Walk experience. This shows my commitment and authenticity in helping others and making a difference.
Why choose me as your therapist?
I work with people as human beings, who realize they do have challenges and want to work on them. I use an integrated approach. This means I use a varied amount of materials, tools, and theory, to suit your needs and challenges, rather than some therapists who are set in one particular approach. The therapy sessions shared between us would be based on what you need, with you exploring your challenges in your own time and in a secure place.
The varied approaches I work with include TA (Transactional Analysis), CBT (Cognitive- Behavioural Theory), Humanistic and Psychodynamic Therapies. When working with children, youth and teenagers I use Creative Therapy, to help the younger generation express their feelings, thoughts, and behaviours.
The first session we hold together is used as a light, gentle session to explore your challenges and set goals for what you want out of therapy. This time allows you to ask questions and see how I work as a therapist, to help you decide if it's right for you. If you would prefer a FREE telephone consultation this could also be arranged.
I work with clients who have various challenges and if you feel you would like to begin your therapeutic journey with me at Mind Box Therapy I look forward to hearing from you.
At Mind Box Therapy my aim is to help you get back to thinking, feeling and behaving in a positive balanced way :)
Training, qualifications & experience
I have 7 + years of experience within the psychological field.
I have been gifted and worked with some wonderful clients including children, youth, teenagers, adults and those experiencing addictive challenges. Along with this, I have volunteered at a range of organizations including Basildon Mind, The Rosemead Project and Independent Living Services.
BSc (Honours) Psychology Degree:
- Introducing The Social Sciences course
- Introduction to Counselling course
- Exploring Psychology course
- Biological Psychology and Exploring the Brain course
- Exploring Psychology Online Project
- Social Psychology: Critical Perspectives on Self and Others course
- Child Development course
- Cognitive Psychology course
AQA Certificate in Counselling Skills:
- Skills Acquisition and Practice course
- Working with Loss and Grief course
Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling:
- An Intro to Transactional Analysis course
- The Reflective Practitioner course
- Cognitive Behaviour Theory course
The Practitioner Diploma in Cognitive- Behavioural Therapy
- Level 1 Safeguarding Qualification (Children)
- 'Prevent' Online Training course
I am always undertaking new courses and workshops to further my knowledge and experience within therapy, to assist a clients counselling journey.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Through my personal experience, I can relate to how challenging it can be to take the first steps into one's own therapeutic journey and for that, I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to view my page.
If your challenges are not listed above and you need help finding the 'right' therapist to suit your needs. Please feel free to contact me and I will guide you to someone who can help you.
As well as this, if you have any questions about the way I work as a therapist, prices or anything else, please feel free to pop me an email, text or you can call.
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Gestalt therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Jungian therapy
- Person-centred therapy
- Play therapy
- Psychoanalytic therapy
Photos & videos
Many people believe that therapists who offer the highest prices have the most experience and are the best in the field. This is not always the case. I offer the most affordable prices in the area, as I feel everyone should have the opportunity to talk to a therapist and I care about you getting the help you need.
- FREE telephone consultation
- Students, Teens and Youth=£25
- If a block of 5 sessions is paid in advance, you will receive one session FREE
- All sessions are for 60 minutes
- Discount for those who have been or are in the Armed Forces
- Discount for those who are receiving support from the Government. This includes; JSA, PIP, Universal Credit & Pension Credits (evidence required).
- Discount for students ( including those studying counselling)
- Sliding scale ( prices negotiable)
- Fees payable by cash only at the end of each session.
- For any given reason if you feel you are unable to make the session that's perfectly okay. However, please could you contact me 24 hours prior to the booking, to avoid a cancellation fee, as a pre-booked room will need to be cancelled.
- Discreet location
- Member of The BACP and complies with their Framework (The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) Ethical Guidelines Framework and Code of Ethics. (http://www.bacp.co.uk/ethical_framework/) .
- Accredited Member of The National Counselling Society.
- Insured by Towergate ( professional company).
- Valid in-date DBS certificate.
- For those under 16 years, consent will be needed from a parent or guardian.
- No waiting list in comparison to NHS support.
Parking: There’s a lay-by opposite outside St Mary’s Church, this is free parking for 1 hour (just as you turn onto East Street from Victoria Avenue). Also, there is a lay-by outside Southend Football Club, along Victoria Avenue, this is free parking for 1 hour. If you are struggling to park, you are welcome to park in the Providence Church car park, in any spaces labelled ’30 East Street’.
Walking: This is 15 minutes from Southend Victoria Station –walk down Victoria Avenue to the 1st set of main cross-road traffic lights, turn right into East Street, walk 100 yards. The house is set back directly opposite St Mary’s school, it has a big red door.
A 10-minute walk from Prittlewell Station, if you turn right, you will find me just past The Railway Tavern Pub and Chiropodists on the left.
When you arrive - Please buzz ‘Therapy for Life’ (button 8), wait for an answer and give the big heavy door a really good push! I will meet you in the hallway.
I just want to say Thank you so much for helping LH.
She is no longer having panic attacks or extreme anxiety. She seems more in control and a lot happier and relaxed. Her thoughts and feelings are no longer jumbled and confused. She is so happy.
We are both so grateful for your time and commitment, so a massive big Thank You again, much appreciated
Best wishes & Kind regards
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekdays, Evenings and Weekends, to suit your needs.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|