Alicia Marchant, BSc Psy (Hon's), DIP Couns, PDIP (CBT) & MNCS (Accred)
Ever feel like you have a lot going on in your mind? Isolated? Alone, with no one to talk to about it all? Or maybe you just don’t feel comfortable sharing your thoughts with your family? Perhaps you are getting to a stage where you’re feeling as if you’re in a deep dark hole unable to get out, with an uncertainty of the future.
Life can be challenging and get on top of us, whether it’s: other people, situations, work or even our ourselves. We can get into a negative cycle and sometimes are unable to admit that we need help.
If any of this applies to you, then maybe it's time to try therapy?
Yes, sharing your personal life, thoughts and feelings can be scary. Therapy isn’t for everyone, but the question to ask is: “What is the way forward when your current way isn’t working?”
Therapy is there to help people like yourself, get to where you want to be and sometimes there is only ourselves, standing in our own way. However, finding the courage to get help is not a weakness yet a strength. There is hope. You can make changes to your life and be the person you want to become.
Within my therapy sessions, you are able to share whatever is going on in your mind in a safe, warm, open and non-judgemental environment. We will explore and deal with your troubles together.
I offer affordable prices (more affordable than other therapists in the area, but not at the compromise of quality), as I feel everyone deserves to have the opportunity to talk to a therapist.
Why choose me as your therapist?
I work with people as human beings, who realize they do have challenges and want to work on them. I use an integrated approach. This means I use a varied amount of materials, tools, and theory, to suit your needs and challenges, rather than some therapists who are set in one particular approach. The therapy sessions shared between us would be based on what you need, with you exploring your challenges in your own time and in a secure place.
The varied approaches I work with include TA (Transactional Analysis), CBT (Cognitive- Behavioural Theory), Humanistic and Psychodynamic Therapies. When working with children, youth and teenagers I use Creative Therapy, to help the younger generation express their feelings, thoughts, and behaviours.
The first session we hold together is used as a light, gentle session to explore your challenges and set goals to what you want out of therapy. This time allows you to ask questions and see how I work as a therapist, to help you decide if it's right for you. If you would prefer a FREE telephone assessment this could also be arranged.
I work with clients who have various challenges and if you feel you would like to begin your therapy journey with me at Open-Box Therapy I look forward to hearing from you.
At Open Box Therapy my aim is to help you get where you want to be :)
Is it time to be kind to your mind?
Training, qualifications & experience
I have 7+ years of experience within the psychological and mental health field.
I have been gifted and worked with some wonderful clients including children, youth, teenagers, adults and those experiencing addictive challenges. Along with this, I have volunteered at a range of organizations including Basildon Mind, The Rosemead Project and Independent Living Services.
BSc (Honours) Psychology Degree:
- Introducing The Social Sciences course
- Introduction to Counselling course
- Exploring Psychology course
- Biological Psychology and Exploring the Brain course
- Exploring Psychology Online Project
- Social Psychology: Critical Perspectives on Self and Others course
- Child Development course
- Cognitive Psychology course
AQA Certificate in Counselling Skills:
- Skills Acquisition and Practice course
- Working with Loss and Grief course
Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling:
- An Intro to Transactional Analysis course
- The Reflective Practitioner course
- Cognitive Behaviour Theory course
The Practitioner Diploma in Cognitive- Behavioural Therapy
- Level 1 Safeguarding Qualification (Children)
- 'Prevent' Online Training course
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Through my personal experience, I can relate to how challenging it can be to take the first steps into ones own therapy journey and for that, I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to view my page.
If your challenges are not listed above and you need help finding the 'right' therapist to suit your needs. Please feel free to contact me and I will guide you to someone who can help you.
As well as this, if you have any questions about the way I work as a therapist, prices or anything else, please feel free to pop me an email, text or you can call.
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Gestalt therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Jungian therapy
- Person-centred therapy
- Play therapy
- Psychoanalytic therapy
Many people believe that therapists who offer the highest prices have the most experience and are the best in the field. This is not always the case. I offer the most affordable prices in the area, as I feel everyone should have the opportunity to talk to a therapist and I care about you getting the help you need.
- FREE telephone assessment
- Students, Teens and Youth= £25
- Adults= £35
- Couples= £45
- Family= £55
*If a block of 5 sessions are paid in advance, you will receive one session FREE*
- All Sessions are for 60 minutes
- Discount for those who have been or are in the Armed Forces
- Discount for those who are receiving support from The Government. This includes; JSA, PIP, Universal Credit & Pension Credits (Evidence required).
- Sliding scale
- For those under 16 years, consent will be needed from a parent or guardian.
- Payments can be made by bank transfer before attending the session or cash on arrival.
- For any given reason if you feel you are unable to make the session that's perfectly okay. However, please could you contact me 24 hours prior to the booking, to avoid a cancellation fee, as a pre-booked room will need to be cancelled.
- Discreet location
- Compley to The BACP (The British Assocation for Counselling and Psychotherapy) Ethical Guidelines Framework and Code of Ethics. (http://www.bacp.co.uk/ethical_framework/)
- Accredited Member of The National Counselling Society
- Insured by (professional) TowerGate
- I am always undertaking new courses and workshops to further my knowledge and experience within therapy, to assist a clients counselling journey.
- Valid in date DBS certificate
Some feedback from past clients
I just want to say Thank you so much for helping LH.
She is no longer having panic attacks or extreme anxiety. She seems more in control and a lot happier and relaxed. Her thoughts and feelings are no longer jumbled and confused. She is so happy.
We are both so grateful for your time and commitment, so a massive big Thank You again, much appreciated
Best wishes & Kind regards
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekdays, evenings and Saturdays, to suit your needs.
Types of client