Adeela Irfan - M.Sc. Psych., M.Sc. Clinical Psych., MBACP (Accredited)
I have worked as a Counselling and Clinical Psychologist in Ireland. I have specialised in Couples and Relationship Counselling & Psychotherapy. I'm a qualified Supervisor, providing clinical supervision to Psychologists, Counsellors, Psychotherapists and Social Workers.
- Many years of experience helping clients
- Specialised in Couple and Relationship Counselling
- Helping people to perform healthier patterns of relationship
- Empowering clients to examine their own thoughts, behaviours and feelings that contribute to anxiety and many other issues
- Enabling clients to identify triggers, and gaining insight
- Counselling Experience in family issues; children/adults/adolescents issues, bereavement, addiction, eating disorders, OCD, depression, anxiety, trauma, suicide, panic attacks, phobia, marriage & relationship problems, psycho-sexual issues, sexual addiction, borderline disorder, anger management, bullying, low self esteem issues, stress management, ADHD and cultural issues, stress under IVF treatment and miscarriages.
Training, qualifications & experience
Post Grad. Dip. (Couples & Relationships)
M.Sc. Applied (Clinical) Psych., B.A. Psych., MBACP. (Accred.), MIACP. (Accred.), Diploma in Clinical Supervision
I have trained in practice of:
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Mindfulness and Relaxation therapy
- Person-centred Therapy
- Psychodynamic therapy
- Systemic and Family Therapy
- Psychosexual Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Transactional Analysis
- Training in Counselling and Psychotherapy Supervision
- I have completed the Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
- I have received training in policy and procedure of safeguarding children and vulnerable adults
- I have received training as a trainer in Positive parenting, building relationship with children and managing difficult behaviour
- I have received training in working with Domestic Violence
- My research experience is in multicultural counselling and psychotherapy
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
The Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (IACP) sets, maintains and develops standards in the practice of counselling and psychotherapy.
IACP offers different membership categories, e.g. Student Member, Pre-Accredited, Accredited Member, with the different categories standing for different levels of training and experience. Accredited Members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
IACP have a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I'm a qualified supervisor, providing supervision to counsellors, mental health nurses, psychologists and trainee therapists.
Low cost supervision and personal therapy is available for counselling and psychotherapy students.
Cost of each therapy session
Each individual counselling session costs £70.
Each couple session costs £75.
Counselling is available to students at reduced cost depending on student's personal and employment circumstances. To discuss further in detail to have sessions at reduced cost, please ring at 07475390930 or email email@example.com
Low cost counselling is available, please ring to discuss your circumstances at 07475 390930 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for detail.
Tuition Availability in Counselling & Psychotherapy:
- For Counselling Skills
- Psychology tuition is available for A levels and under-granduate unversity students.
For more detail, please ring 07475 390930 or email: email@example.com