I have many years experience of counselling and psychotherapy with adults, both individuals and couples, groups and young people, with very positive outcomes. I am a Certified Transactional Analysis Psychotherapist, hold an MA in TA Psychotherapy, and I am a qualified integrative counsellor. I have 12 years experience as a supervisor, and 20 years experience as a trainer. I am registered with UKATA (UK Association for Transactional Analysis) and the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy). I am currently the chair of the safeguarding committee for the UK Association for Transactional Analysis (UKATA) I work in private practice in Tadcaster, North Yorkshire, within easy reach of York, Leeds, Harrogate, Wetherby, Ripon and Selby.
- (P)TSTA (Teaching and Supervising Transactional Analysis)
- CTA (Certified Transactional Analyst (Psychotherapy))
- MA Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy
- BA (hons) in Counselling Studies (Leeds University)
- Diploma Transactional Analysis (TA) psychotherapy (3 years of study)
- Certificate in Counselling (BACP accred)
The main approach I use in my practice is Transactional Analysis (TA) psychotherapy. See http://www.uktransactionalanalysis.co.uk/what-is-transactional-analysis/ for more information. I also integrate learning and experience from other approaches to suit the individual.
I have practised as a counsellor and psychotherapist since 1997, working with adults - individuals and couples - and young people. The breadth and depth of my experience enables me to work responsively and flexibly in range of ways, individually tailored to each different person I work with. This could be:
* Shorter-term, CBT-type focussed work dealing with specific issues such as panic attacks and anxiety based problems
* A coaching approach for managers and professionals facing workplace problems for example
* Our work together could be longer-term dealing with deep-rooted personal issues, exploring repeating patterns and connections between present feelings and past life events and experiences.
Counselling and psychotherapy can help if:
- You feel anxious or depressed
- You are experiencing relationship issues or family issues
- You lack confidence or self-belief
- You notice repeating patterns of difficulty in relationships, sexual or otherwise
- You have suffered a bereavement or loss
- You suffer from a phobia
- You have experienced a trauma
- You want to develop your self-awareness
- You want to identify and fulfil your potential
For an informal, confidential discussion or to book an appointment please call on 0779 893 7436 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find more information about me, where I am located and about Transactional Analysis plus FAQs by viewing my website at www.bevgibbons.co.uk
Thank you for your interest,
Training, qualifications & experience
(P)TSTA (Teaching and Supervising Transactional Analysis)
CTA (Certified Transactional Analyst (Psychotherapy))
MA Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy
BA (hons) in Counselling Studies (Leeds University)
Diploma Transactional Analysis (TA) psychotherapy (3 years of study)
Certificate in Counselling (BACP accred)
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Young People (12 to 18)
I charge £60 per session for individuals and £70 for couples. Concessions are available by negotiation.
Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays - day and evening appointments Tuesdays - evening appointments
I offer appointments during the day and evening Monday to Friday.
Tadcaster is easily reached by car and public transport (www.coastliner.co.uk) from Leeds, York, Selby, Ripon, Harrogate and the surrounding area.