Rita Da Silva MBACP (Accredited)
I am a CBT Therapist and a BACP Accredited counsellor and psychotherapist offering affordable counselling in South London. I work with a variety of issues including; anger management, relationship difficulties, depression, anxiety, bereavement, stress, addictions, self harm, abuse, bullying and sexuality. I have had a varied career working in a variety of settings including healthcare services, public services, and charitable agencies and I currently run my own practice from West Norwood and Clapham.
I have extensive experience supporting people with emotional and psychological issues, working psychodynamically (linking present difficulties with the past). I believe that it is important to understand and accept past experiences and history in order to fully appreciate and make sense of the present situation, and therefore be able to plan for the future.
I offer a safe and confidential space where you can explore what is important to you, and through this increase your self-awareness and knowledge about your own needs.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative counselling.
- Certificate in Person-centred and Psychodynamic Counselling.
- Foundation degree in CBT, Dip in NLP and Intercultural Counselling.
I have years of professional training, which included substantial clinical experience and personal psychoanalytic therapy, as well as theoretical and academic attainment.
I am an Accredited member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy and I am bound by its Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy and subject to the Professional Conduct Procedures therein. I am also a UKRC Registered Independent Counsellor. As an Accredited member of BACP I am committed to Continuing Professional Development and seek to develop and inform my work with my clients. As the Accreditation requires, I have frequent and ongoing supervision of my work.
I have extensive experience supporting people with emotional and psychological issues, I also work with problems arising from cultural difference and their impact on our sense of identity and on relationships.
I worked for 3 years in Wandsworth victim support counselling services and have clinical experience in various therapeutic settings. This included supporting victims of crime, such as: domestic violence, sexual abuse and bullying. I have also worked for Open Door Counselling Agency in Carshalton, where I gained invaluable experience in working with young people, as well as adults, with depression, loss of confidence, low self-esteem and panic attacks.
As well as having my own practice, I currently work as a Therapist at Croydon University Hospital.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Over the years, I have engaged in personal and professional development. This has included:
- Working with Diversity and Difference,
- Supporting Victims of Sexual Violence,
- Working with Child Sexual Abuse,
- Working with Childhood issues of Attachment and Loss,
- Working therapeutically around endings,
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy,
- Working with people affected by Trauma, Addictions, Anxiety, Depression and Stress related illness.
- Issues relating to body image, life transitions, womanhood and identity, self-development and personal expression.
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
The fee for individual clients is £45 per session rising to £50 for a couple,
I work in West Norwood, in easy reach of two train stations in West Norwood and Streatham Hill. The area is served by bus routes 315, 417, and near bus routes 68, 468, 322, 2, 432 & 196 and there is free parking available.
I can also offer counselling in Clapham (SW4), 5 mins from Clapham Common and Clapham South Tube Stations.
I have experience in working with counselling students and I am able to offer reduced fees depending on availability.
I can offer early morning, daytime and evening appointments.
You can contact me on 07533874902 or by email to email@example.com
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am able to offer daytime evening and early morning appointments. Saturday morning appointments available on request. I can also offer telephone sessions
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training