It is very normal to feel anxious and down at times in our lives. Although highly professional, confidential and with 20 years of experience, my counselling style is warm and friendly to help you feel confident to share your struggles.
Having worked with a those from most age groups and backgrounds, experiencing a very wide variety of problems, including, Anxiety; Depression; Trauma; Family issues; Self-esteem and confidence and Bereavement and just feeling lost, as examples. I will be alongside you and what you experience during our sessions. I believe that everyone should be able to have counselling as it can be life-changing and amazing experience.
It can be really difficult to take the first step to call, text, e-mail for support but I once over that road block, I will truly listen to you, use empathy, respect and non-judgment to support you and explore ways to change how you feel, see things and maybe make practical changes to your life.
I currently work mainly from a clinic in my home which keeps costs down, offers anonymity for those with high profile or professionals work with the public, having worked with NHS, HMP staff, Police and other emergency service staff who might not want a public venue. I can also rent rooms in other areas Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole if needed and happy to consider home visits. I also work in some locally secondary schools working with students.
To underpin my work with you, I am very qualified and professional, being Registered and Accredited by the BACP for more than a decade but still learning and loving my wonderful job of having the privilege of being with amazing humans. I can work in a variety of ways to suit you and make sure that you are in control at all times. I have several different models of training that am able to use in my work, Person Centred is my core approach and working pluralistically - including Humanistic, CBT , IFS, Transpersonal and with images and art.
I have worked in East London, Essex, Isle of Wight and now Dorset for Local Councils, National and local Charities, in schools and NHS as well as employers (including HMPs, Ex-military, NHS, Emergency Services staff and high-profile clients), so I can bring experience from working thousands of hours to be able to work with your difficulties and how you are trying to cope, to find a positive way forward.
I have a few fundamental beliefs…we are all human and so imperfect, we are allowed to make mistakes and don’t need to accept bad behaviour from others, we can all change and change things around us for the better.
Please give me a call or text as I am always happy to have a chat on the phone, so that you can see how you feel about working with me.
Who I can see:
- Deliver training.
- Provide Clinical Supervision for other professionals.
How I can work:
- by talking through feelings; relationships; situations as you feel ready.
- working with images or creating images to explore.
- explore internal experiences
- through creative writing.
- recording thinking and learning how to change thoughts.
- Home location in Christchurch, ARC Community Centre.
- Home visits considered for those unable to travel.
- Telephone counselling.
- Appointments available at various times - flexible around changing availability
- Easy parking.
- Other localities and home visits available.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA (Hons) Person Centred Counselling (Includes Supervision)
- Adv Diploma Person Centred Counselling
- Cert PC Art Therapy Skills
- Level 4 Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector
- EMDR Level1
- Safeguarding Children and Young People Level 2
- Current DBS Checks.
- Experience working with Family Systemic Psychotherapy, integrating Internal Family Systems for trauma and MIND CBT training.
Numerous additional training and areas of current research
20 years of experience
- Worked for NHS, GP's, Councils, charities and in schools.
- Clinical Supervisor for other counsellors and other professionals.Taught counselling in Adult Education
- Deliver training
- Managed 2 counselling agencies
- Clients aged 8 to 82yrs,
- Experience with a wide variety of problems
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Survivors of Sexual Abuse
Children and Young People's Issues
Emotional Impact of a diagnosed Mental Health Conditions
From £40.00 to £55.00
Concessions offered for
£30 for the first session one to one.
I offer a sliding scale of fees that we can negotiate if needed.
£55 for those with a good income.
£ 70 for couples or families.
Clinical Supervision for Counsellors and other professionals:
£50 an hour (£75 for the standard our and a half).
Evening appointments up to 7.30pm. Weekends, home visits and flexibility for shift-workers possible. Just give me a call or text.
- Registered and Accredited member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Member of the Person Centred Association
- Member of Isle of Wight Associate of Family Therapy
- Undertake the continuous professional training required by the BACP
- Undertake the regular required level of clinical supervision to ensure my safe and effective practice.
- Fully insured for £5millliion for any location.
- DBS Checked
- Child Protection training and Safeguarding procedures.
- Risk assessments for home visits.