Empathy for self and others a mindfulness and focusing-oriented approach (12 hours CPD)
Course outline content
1) Empathy – definitions and the importance of empathy when relating to self and others.
2) Exploring how empathy is nurtured or blocked.
3) Practical and experiential ways of becoming more empathic:
- Mindful awareness and acceptance of our bodily sensations.
- Mindful and empathic response to aspects of self.
- Using art work and other creative ways to enhance empathy.
- Listening to others and resonating with them on a deeper level.
- Enhancing empathetic responses through offering deepening propositions and deepening conversations.
- Discussion plus question and answer sessions.
- Mindfulness and focusing exercises.
- Experiential paired/triad work.
About the host
Russ Kendall BACP (Accred) is an experienced therapist & mindfulness teacher, and runs mindfulness groups.
John Threadgold BACP (Accred) is an experienced focusing-oriented therapist and supervisor. He has MA in focusing & experiential psychotherapy & is recognised as a focusing teacher by the Focusing Institute & the British Focusing Association.