Top tips for keeping your relationship fresh
Written by listed counsellor/psychotherapist: Patricia M Ellis MBACP (Accred)
17th June, 20140 Comments
Are you finding that you've fallen into complacency in your relationship, or that you're taking each other for granted?
Some tips below may help to maintain and refresh it!
1) Try to say something positive to your partner on a daily basis, such as thanks for helping out in some way, or being thoughtful.
2) Arrange a surprise or unexpected outing which you think your partner may like.
3) Put some time aside each week, maybe an hour or so to really talk to your partner about what's going on for them.
4) Initiate something (which your partner may normally do) such as a hug, or holding hands when out.
5) Get the diary out and plan some event to look forward to, or talk about your future dreams/plans over the next few years.
Related articles from our experts
- Stay with uncomfortable feelings and they’ll go away sooner
David Darvasi MBACP21st February, 2017
- The darker side of online dating...
Angela Holt (Mindwell Therapy) PGDip, MBACP20th February, 2017
- Communication in relationships isn’t just about talking to each other
Priscilla Short. BSc, MA, MBACP, MBPsS19th February, 2017
Counselling Directory is not responsible for the articles published by members. The views expressed are those of the member who wrote the article.