I am a member of the British Association for Psychoanalytic and Psychodynamic Supervision (BAPPS). I offer supervision to individual counsellors working in Private Practice or NHS. It is preferable that your approach is psychoanalytical or psychodynamic but we can work together if your practice is founded in another background. It would be best to discuss this further.
In supervision I aim to support the therapist by:
- exploring unconscious processes in the clinical material presented
- linking theory with practice
- working with the transference and countertransference in order to deepen an understanding of the client's inner world
- addressing issues of technical difficulty in the clinical work which may be hindering the therapist's efficacy
- encouraging the therapist to develop their own ways of reflecting, thinking and processing clinical material, in order that they establish their own identity as a therapist over time
I offer to work with individuals and small groups of therapists and trainees from other approaches and modalities as they may find that an increased understanding of unconscious processes can help with their work.
My approach combines my formal psychodynamic and experiential dynamic training with many years of learning from real experience with clients and diploma students.
Appointments are 50 minutes fortnightly in either Bath or Devizes
In addition to supervision as a member of the Accreditation Support Network I am trained to offer support with the BACP accreditation process. I offer face to face or Skype sessions at any stage of the process and read through prior to submission.