Sharon Palmer BA (Hons) MBACP Integrative Counsellor & Clinical Supervisor
Hello, I am a qualified supervisor in Clinical Supervision, offering an Integrative approach to groups and individual professionals of various backgrounds, including qualified and Trainee Counsellors and Psychotherapists and those who wish to review their work with clients or service users.
I offer face-to-face individual and group supervision for people within and around Southeast London (including Lewisham, Bromley, Brockley, Deptford, Lee, Peckham, and Greenwich). I also offer online (video call; Skype) and telephone sessions, accessible anywhere within the UK and further afield.
The supervision sessions costs £48.50 per 1 hr.
(Concessionary fee is available for trainee counsellors/psychotherapists)
For more information: 0844 884 2719 or 0784 762 0103
Clinical supervision helps maintain professionalism whilst working effectively with various service users; it also contributes toward the supervisee’s proficiency and own personal development.
Clinical supervision also provides an opportunity for:
- Accountability, review and reflective practice
- In-depth discussion of individual cases
- Promoting high-quality and ethical standards of service
- Identifying and managing ethical issues effectively
- Working within one’s own level of competence and proficiency (recordkeeping, contract, boundaries, skills, etc.)
- Managing personal and emotional impact of practice accordingly
- The expectation of change or modification of practice to occur
- Challenging own practice within a safe, supportive and confidential environment
- Receiving constructive feedback on application of approaches and skills
- Promoting awareness, assurance, and confidence in one’s skills and knowledge
- Setting the tone, values and behaviours expected as a professional
- Encouragement in exercising duty of care and effective service to clients & service users
- Encouragement of mindfulness and self-care in supervision
- The identification of training and continuing developmental needs and to regularly pursue such
The 7-Eyed Model is used effectively in supervision (developed by Hawkins and Shohet) as a self-awareness and practical approach in the supervisory journey and process.
It encompasses: the Client and presentation of work; Strategies and interventions; Supervisee (Counsellor)-Client relationship; the Supervisee (Counsellor); the supervisory relationship (Supervisor-Supervisee); the Supervisor's process; and the Supervisory work context
For more information, about individual, group, online or telephone supervision, please contact Sharon on: 0844 884 2719 or 0784 762 0103