Sue Griffiths, Registered MBACP (Accred). Counsellor / Supervisor in Sherwood
**** I am offering online supervision (Zoom) and/or telephone supervision. If you're new to online supervision please don't worry - I will support you with this every step of the way. ****
Supervision in Sherwood, Nottingham
“We all grow best when we feel safe enough to be challenged, safe enough to be adventurous, safe enough to disclose and admit mistakes – when we’re not afraid of exposure. We grow best when equality is present and power is available to each and … where responsibility can be negotiated and promises made and held to. In such a relationship, what was opaque can become clear and what has been in the darkness can be enjoyed in the light” (Cochraine and Newton, 2018)
Thank you for visiting my supervision profile. Finding the right supervisor for you and for your practice is very important, and as such, I would like to offer you a free initial one hour appointment as an opportunity to see if this supervisory relationship feels right for you.
As an experienced person-centred counsellor practising since 2006, and a qualified supervisor, it is most important to me to offer you a supervisory relationship that is both collaborative and supportive, and that encourages transparency and spontaneity, and creates curiosity and exploration. I hope to provide a welcoming space in which you can consider yourself, your therapeutic relationships and your practice. I will hold trust in you as a counselling practitioner, and equally, with care and regard, I will offer attention to areas of practice that require it. Together we will be mindful of our commitment to our ethical responsibilities and we will work towards and within recognised professionals standards.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Counselling practice since 2006. My previous counselling experience includes work with Counselling Xtra, Rape Crisis Nottingham (now known as Nottinghamshire Sexual Violence Support Services) and the Carers Federation.
- Establishing my own independent counselling practice in 2014
- Post-Graduate (PG) Certificate in Counselling Supervision
- BA(Hons) First Class Degree in Humanistic Counselling Practice
- Certificate in Online and Telephone Counselling which meets the BACP online and phone therapy (OPT) competence framework
- Accredited and registered member of the BACP – registration number 27360
- Member of ACTO (Association for Counselling & Therapy Online)
- Ongoing CPD training and workshops
My fees are £45 for 1 hour and/or £65 for 1.5 hours, and I offer you a free appointment to help you to decide if this is the right supervisory relationship for you.
Availability: Monday - Tuesday - Wednesday - Thursday. Daytime and evening appointments.
If you have any questions about your supervision, you are very welcome to contact me for a conversation.
**** I am offering online video counselling using Zoom and/or telephone counselling. If you are new to online video I will support you with this every step of the way so that you feel comfortable and confident within our work together. ****