- Useful resources
Professional bodies and counsellor registers
- British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP)
The BABCP is a multi-disciplinary interest group for people involved in the practice and theory of behavioural and cognitive psychotherapy.
- British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP)
The BACP is the leading accrediting body for UK counsellors and psychotherapists.
- British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC)
The BPC is an association of institutions, made up of psychoanalysts, analytical psychologists, psychoanalytic psychotherapists and child psychotherapists.
- British Psychological Society (BPS)
The BPS is the representative body for psychology and psychologists in the UK.
- Counselling and Psychotherapy in Scotland (COSCA)
COSCA is Scotland's professional body for counselling and psychotherapy.
- College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists (COSRT)
COSRT is a national charity which has been established for over thirty years.
- Federation of Drug & Alcohol Professionals (FDAP)
The FDAP is the professional body for practitioners in the substance use field.
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
The HCPC are responsible for the statutory regulation of 15 different health professions.
- Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (IACP)
An association responsible for developing and maintaining professional standards of counselling and psychotherapy in Ireland.
- The National Counselling Society (NCS)
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations. In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme.
- United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
The UKCP is a comprehensive register of UK Psychotherapists.
- United Kingdom Association for Humanistic Psychology Practitioners (UKAHPP)
The UKAHPP is a national accrediting organisation for all those who apply the theories of Humanistic Psychology in their work.
- The Association of Child Psychotherapists (ACP)
The Association of Child Psychotherapists is a professional body for psychoanalytic child and adolescent psychotherapists in the UK.
- The Association of Christian Counsellors (ACC)
The ACC provides a register of Christian counsellors.
- The British Association of Art Therapists (BAAT)
The British Association of Art Therapists (BAAT) is the professional organisation for art therapists in the United Kingdom.
- Alcoholics Anonymous
A company aiming to help those with an alcohol addiction through support and meetings.
A free helpline for children and young people in the UK, call 0800 1111 to talk about any problem.
- Cruse Bereavement Care
Help and support for those who have suffered a loss.
The UK's leading family support charity.
The leading mental health charity in England and Wales.
The biggest organisation specialising in relationship counselling and support in the UK.
A charity available 24 hours a day offering a confidential listening service to anyone in distress.
- Victim Support
A national charity that helps anyone who has been affected by crime.
Counselling Directory is not responsible for the content of external websites