Working with suicidal clients
A suicidal client can be difficult and scary. This workshop aims to give you the tools to feel confident working with suicidal clients.
The key areas this day will look at are:
- Personal attitudes towards suicide and how that impacts on the therapeutic relationship.
- How to identify the factors that may lead to client been vulnerable to suicide.
- How to discuss suicide with clients.
- Helping a client to stay safe.
- How and when to break confidentiality.
About the host
Jill Ulman & Sue Crossland
Jill works at Harrogate College since 2010 and also for North Yorkshire Adult Learning and Skills Sector.
Sue has worked as a counsellor in the NHS and private practice for 9 years.
They each have a wide range of experience writing training courses and working creatively to make training stimulating and engaging.