Working with obesity: Exploring binge eating and food addiction
Aims and objectives:
- To gain an understanding of how therapy can help discover root causes resulting in obesity.
- To understand and identify destructive eating behaviours.
- To recognise addiction and its association to destructive eating behaviours.
- Understand relapse prevention strategies.
- To gain an understanding of the core principles of the 12-step model.
- What research has demonstrated.
- Comparison between compulsive overeating/bingeing and DSM-V substance dependence criteria.
- The cycle of addiction.
- What is binge eating disorder?
- Addictive behaviours often connected to compulsive overeating.
- Difference between group therapy and 12-step groups.
- Family/personal history.
- The solution.
- Interactive group workshop.
- Abstinence – what is it?
- Introduction and overview of the 12-step model and its use during and after therapeutic treatment.
- Thought for the day.
5-hour CPD Certificates issued.
- Occupational Therapists
- Youth Workers
- Family Therapists
- Personal Trainers
- General Practitioners
- Social Workers
Find out more at rochellecraig.co.uk
Hosted by Rochelle Craig
I specialise in working with disordered and destructive eating behaviours including anorexia/binge eating disorder and food addiction. I have my own personal recovery from an eating disorder plus 18 years of working in this field using an addiction based model integrating CBT, Compassion Focused Therapy and Motivational Interviewing techniques.