Working therapeutically with obesity - looking at food addiction and binge eating disorder
Aims and objectives:
- To gain an understanding of a therapeutic treatment for obesity incorporating the biopsychosociospiritual 12-step model
- To gain an understanding of how to integrate this model of treatment into your own practice
- What research has demonstrated.
- Comparison between compulsive overeating/bingeing and DSM-V substance dependence criteria.
- Cycle of addiction.
- What is binge eating disorder?
- Addictive behaviours often connected to compulsive overeating.
- Difference between Group Therapy and 12-Step groups.
- Family/personal history.
- The solution.
- Interactive group workshop.
- Abstinence – what is it?
- Introduction and overview of the 12-step model and it’s use during and after therapeutic treatment.
- Thought for the day.
Five hour CPD certificates issued.
**Early bird discount extended**
- £75 full price per person per workshop.
Early bird discount
- £68 paid for CPD 1 before September 30th - Understanding Anorexia and Bulimia. How can we support and work with sufferers? (see listing in November)
- £68 paid for CPD 2 before October 30th - Working therapeutically with obesity.
£125 paid for both workshops booked together before September 30th.
About Rochelle Craig
I specialise in working with disordered and destructive eating behaviours including anorexia/binge eating disorder and food addiction. I have my own personal recovery from an eating disorder plus 16 years of working in this field using an addiction based model integrating CBT, Compassion Focused Therapy and Motivational Interviewing techniques.