Working therapeutically with obesity - looking at food addiction and binge eating disorder
Aims and objectives
- To gain an understanding of a therapeutic treatment for obesity incorporating the biopsychosociospiritual 12-step model.
- To gain an understanding of how to integrate this model of treatment into your own practice.
- What research has demonstrated.
- Comparison between compulsive overeating/bingeing and DSM-V substance dependence criteria.
- Cycle of addiction.
- What is binge eating disorder?
- Addictive behaviours often connected to compulsive overeating.
- Difference between group therapy and 12-step groups.
- Family/personal history.
- The solution.
- Interactive group workshop.
- Abstinence – what is it?
- Introduction and overview of the 12-step model and its use during and after therapeutic treatment.
- Thought for the day.
Five hour CPD certificates issued
- Occupational therapists
- Youth workers
- Family therapists
- Personal trainers
- General practitioners
- Social workers.
Early bird discounts.
I have two workshops running:
CPD one - Working therapeutically with obesity. Looking at food addiction and binge eating disorder.
CPD two - Understanding anorexia and bulimia. How can we support and work with sufferers? - Sat Nov 3rd (please find these details on a separate listing).
Full price per workshop - £75
Early bird price
Both workshops paid before August 10th - £125
CPD one paid before August 10th - £68
CPD two paid before September 10th - £68
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a booking form.
About Rochelle Craig
I specialise in working with disordered and destructive eating behaviours including anorexia/binge eating disorder and food addiction. I have my own personal recovery from an eating disorder plus 16 years of working in this field using an addiction based model integrating CBT, Compassion Focused Therapy and Motivational Interviewing techniques.