Working therapeutically with obesity - looking at food addiction and binge eating disorder
Aims and objectives:
- To gain an understanding of a therapeutic treatment for obesity incorporating the biopsychosociospiritual 12-step model.
- To gain an understanding of how to integrate this model of treatment into your own practice.
- What research has demonstrated.
- Comparison between compulsive overeating/bingeing and DSM-V substance dependence criteria.
- Cycle of addiction.
- What is binge eating disorder?
- Addictive behaviours often connected to compulsive overeating.
- Difference between group therapy and 12-step groups.
- Family/personal history.
- The solution.
- Interactive group workshop.
- Abstinence – what is it?
- Introduction and overview of the 12-step model and it’s use during and after therapeutic treatment.
- Thought for the day.
Five hour CPD certificates issued.
- Occupational therapists
- Youth workers
- Family therapists
- Personal trainers
- General practitioners
- Social workers
Full price £75 per person per workshop (see details of other workshop in events section for November)
CPD one - understanding anorexia and bulimia. How can we support and work with sufferers - Sat Nov 3rd - £68 paid before September 22nd
CPD two - working therapeutically with obesity, looking at food addiction and binge eating disorder - Sat Dec 1st - £68 paid before October 20th
£125 for both workshops booked together before September 22nd.
About Rochelle Craig
I specialise in working with disordered and destructive eating behaviours including anorexia/binge eating disorder and food addiction. I have my own personal recovery from an eating disorder plus 16 years of working in this field using an addiction based model integrating CBT, Compassion Focused Therapy and Motivational Interviewing techniques.