Women survivors - online psycho-educational group course
This is a 10-week psycho-educational group course for women survivors of sexual abuse. This is a topic-based course but with plenty of time for sharing feelings and experiences.
Benefits of attending the course:
- Meet other survivors in a safe caring environment.
- Gain information and empowerment from relevant topics for survivors.
- Receive support from trained counsellors/facilitators.
- Opportunity of forming deep lasting friendships.
We look at a different topic each week and there is time for discussion and sharing our experiences and feelings.
- Session one: Introduction and facing fantasy
- Session two: Memories, flashbacks, grounding
- Session three: Letting go of shame and roles in families
- Session four: Anger, contempt and assertiveness
- Session five: Powerlessness and betrayal and relationships
- Session six: Ambivalence and reclaiming sexuality
- Session seven: Co-dependency and healthy relationships
- Session eight: Eating difficulties and processing pain
- Session nine: Confrontation and question of forgiveness
- Session ten: Moving forwards
Places are limited to six to eight women. We have funding for this course so we can offer low-fee places. For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To see our services, have a look at our website intothelight.org.uk.
Hosted by Into The Light
Into The Light is a not for profit project CIC that was founded in 1993 and offers counselling, support and resources to Survivors of sexual abuse and those that support them. We have been running Women's Survivors groups and workshops for over 25 years.