Understanding anorexia & bulimia: How can we work with sufferers?
Aims and objectives:
- To gain an understanding of the essential characteristics of Anorexia and Bulimia and its correlation to addiction.
- To gain knowledge of the 12-step model for use in supporting sufferers and integrate key concepts into your practice.
- What is an eating disorder?
- Characteristics of Anorexia/Characteristics of Bulimia (DSM V reference)
- Research – anorexia and addiction
- Cycle of addiction and its connection to anorexia/bulimia
- Anorexia/binge eating/bulimia – the triple threat
- Attachment Theory relating to eating disorders
- Steps 1-12 summarised
- Lily’s poem
Five-hour CPD certificates will be issued.
- Occupational Therapists
- Youth Workers
- Family Therapists
- Personal Trainers
- General Practitioners
- Social Workers
Cost: £55 per workshop. £100 if booking both workshops together - see April 23rd 'Working with obesity'.
I specialise in working with disordered and destructive eating behaviours including anorexia/binge eating disorder and food addiction. I have my own personal recovery from an eating disorder plus 18 years of working in this field using an addiction based model integrating CBT, Compassion Focused Therapy and Motivational Interviewing techniques.