Trauma awareness training (1-day live online CPD course)
One day, live workshop. Trauma: Patterns of the past - essential trauma awareness training on the causes, symptoms and best ways to treat PTSD.
What you will learn
- A clear understanding of what trauma and PTSD is – and the different survival responses we have evolved to help us deal with it.
- What happens in our brains when we experience a traumatic event.
- How high emotional arousal impacts our ability to think clearly.
- Why some people experience trauma in a passive survival state such as freeze, shutdown or a dissociative state – and why we shouldn’t feel ashamed or guilty if we do.
- Why some sufferers experience ‘shutdown’ or dissociation as a result of trauma – and how this can lead to feelings of shame or guilt.
- How traumatic memories can stay ‘live’, keeping us on constant alert for danger.
- The importance of pattern-matching in understanding how our brains work.
- The far-reaching impacts of unresolved trauma, including the development of co-morbid conditions and unhelpful coping strategies, such as addictions.
- How to treat trauma and PTSD effectively.
- How to build resilience and recover from symptoms.
- And so much more. Find out more.
- Date: Mon 12th September 2022
- Length: one day, 9.15am–4.00pm BST
- Tutor: Rosalind Townsend
- Limited places available
- CPD Certificate: six hours
- Price: £145 per person. Enjoy 20% OFF with discount code GIFT20.
Secure your place
To secure your place, visit Human Givens.
Human Givens College has been providing training in the best ways to treat mental health and behavioural problems for over 20 years. Our clear, practical mental health training gives you the key information and skills you need to help people overcome their difficulties as quickly as possible.