- Counselling Directory - Find a Counsellor Near You>
- Subsidised workshop for survivors of sexual abuse and their...
Subsidised workshop for survivors of sexual abuse and their supporters
'Take back control after sexual abuse: Find power over shame, flashbacks, sex, and boundaries' - a relaxed and friendly environment where we will come together to learn, share, and support each other.
Aims of the workshop include;
- break out of isolation and meet others in a safe space
- regain power over shame that does not belong to you
- increase control over invasive flashbacks
- take back your sexuality for yourself
- assert boundaries so they work for you
- safe for survivors: Relevant for partners/friends and professionals
There is the opportunity to talk in small groups (but with no pressure to do so). We also give extensive handouts, and refreshments are included.
Professionals are also very welcome, and we give CPD certificates for your files.
Partners and friends of survivors are also welcome - we care about you and recognise we all need to be supported in order to support others.
We have had some very encouraging feedback from counsellors and partners and friends of survivors who have attended the workshop, saying it has given them more skills and understanding while working with and having relationships with survivors.
Please email us for more information at email@example.com.
About Into The Light
Into The Light is a not for profit project CIC that was founded in 1993 and offers counselling, support and resources to Survivors of sexual abuse and those that support them. We have been running workshops for over 10 years and have had over 800 people attending them. 95% of our attendees say the workshop has met or exceeded their expectations.